PDA

View Full Version : Update:Oct 16, 2013

Blacky
October 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Download here:

The latest stable release is available here: http://www.efilive.com/downloads.htm
Additional updates are listed here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/software-release-nov-07-2013/

Updates:

V7

[*=1]E92 Preliminary calibrations release.
[*=1]CSP5 V1.01 public release.
[*=1]Cleaned up the DTC editor for late model Duramax controllers.

V8

[*=1]Fixed some minor issues with number and date formats when using a non-US locale.
[*=1]Added warning prior to editing calculated PIDs that explains the required floating point numeric format when using a non-US locale.
[*=1]Added dashboard/gauge editor (currently available to authorized beta testers only).
[*=1]Updated default dashboard gauges.
[*=1]Added Open/Save options for loading/saving charts and gauges independently of the entire dashboard.

IMPORTANT

This release creates (i.e. saves) *.ctz and *.coz tune files that have an updated format that cannot be opened with previous versions of EFILive V7.5 nor EFILive V8. Attempts to open a new file using old software will result in error $0525 "Tune file is not compatible with firmware".
Note: existing *.ctz and *.coz files can be opened by this and newer versions of the EFILive software.

Firmware

[*=1]Added support for E20 Custom PIDs.
[*=1]Updated switching support for CSP5.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 244
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 236
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Aug 02, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.51 (Oct 11, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

easymon
October 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks Blacky downloading now.:thankyou2:

vortecfcar
October 15th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Paul,

Can .coz and .ctz files be created with this version and sent for BBX flash (autocal use) on older platforms, or must customers update their hardware to allow flashing?

Thanks,
Nick

Blacky
October 15th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Paul,

Can .coz and .ctz files be created with this version and sent for BBX flash on older platforms, or must customers update their hardware to allow flashing?

Thanks,
Nick

The old firmware and/or old software will not be able to read the new file format.
The end users must update their software and firmware to be able to open, and/or flash *.ctz and *.coz files that you create using this latest version.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Downloading now, as long as I can open old tunes with this Ill be fine. What changed in the file structure, if you can say publicly?

Blacky
October 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Downloading now, as long as I can open old tunes with this Ill be fine. What changed in the file structure, if you can say publicly?

It was to fix a bug that under some conditions caused the wrong data to be used to generate seed/key locking data which in turn would cause problems when attempting to unlock that same controller later on.
You can see the entry for it in the Sep 25 release, the one about the E38, E54 and E60 auto-lock fix. The bug fix necessarily "broke" the backward compatibility of the file format. In the Sep 25 release the files were not tagged as incompatible with the older software so the fix was ignored until this release. :(

And yes opening old tune files with the new software is 100% transparent. You just can't open the newer files with the older software since the older software does not understand the changes made in the newer file's format.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
It was to fix a bug that under some conditions caused the wrong data to be used to generate seed/key locking data which in turn would cause problems when attempting to unlock that same controller later on.
You can see the entry for it in the Sep 25 release, the one about the E38, E54 and E60 auto-lock fix. The bug fix necessarily "broke" the backward compatibility of the file format. In the Sep 25 release the files were not tagged as incompatible with the older software so the fix was ignored until this release. :(

And yes opening old tune files with the new software is 100% transparent. You just can't open the newer files with the older software since the older software does not understand the changes made in the newer file's format.

Regards
Paul

I remember seeing that comment, thanks for the clarification!

wesam
October 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the good work
Any thing for E78 ?
Is the E92 stream available now ?

cindy@efilive
October 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the good work
Any thing for E78 ?
Is the E92 stream available now ?

Nothing for E78 however I am pleased to say that has now moved up the development list.

E92 uses our VIN license system. Stream licenses are an historical legacy retired some years ago.

Cheers
Cindy

Duramax 6.6L
October 16th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Installed :hihi:

zfuller123
October 16th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Any other changes with this release? Not being able to go backwards and open files with older versions is a little frustrating in a production environment.... but so far installed on one machine and seems to be working great. Testing CSP5 switching last night with it and our app and had some progress, though not exactly what we intended.

Chevy366
October 16th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Is this available through the update que?

Blacky
October 16th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Is this available through the update que?

No, auto-update only works once we have posted the release to the official downloads page here:
https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

It will most likely be posted there early next week.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
October 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
DPF and EGR restrictions not implemented yet?

cindy@efilive
October 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
DPF and EGR restrictions not implemented yet?

The release notes are pretty comprehensive and detail what's in a release.

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
October 16th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Yep just checking.

GMPX
October 16th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Updates:

V7

[*=1]CSP5 V1.01 public release.

Folks, I accidentally left out the PE tables for the E92 :doh:, if anyone needs them ASAP you can download the .calz files HERE (http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/E92_Calz.zip) that have them included:
Just extract the zip in to the E92 calibrations folder within V7.5, eg :\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E92

Otherwise they will be in the next update.

Cheers,
Ross

easymon
October 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Hey have a ? or a reqest would i be posable to put the idle pid or funtion in the hard switch or can call it #6 i was hoping to do a tune just for idling in winter. But just realized the idle is on the internal tune so cant modify in the switch tune. Was just throwing it out there to even see if posible . Thanks

GMPX
October 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Not sure what ECM or vehicle you are talking about :lookaround:

catman3126
October 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm betting he's talking about a 5.9

easymon
October 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Not sure what ECM or vehicle you are talking about :lookaround:

csp5. 06 dodge Cummins thanks.

GMPX
October 17th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Sorry but changes to CSP at this stage won't happen, it is a major deal to modify them.

Highlander
October 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Will v7 get read write support for E92?

cindy@efilive
October 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Will v7 get read write support for E92?

No. None of the new controllers added in the last 2-3 years have V7 read and write support. From memory E38 was the final controller added to V7.

Cheers
Cindy

Highlander
October 17th, 2013, 01:48 PM
:'(

GMPX
October 17th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I don't get that Chris, some read time comparisons:

Type

V7.5

V8

T42
2:22
0:34

E38
3:54
1:45

T43
4:24
1:36

Cal and full flash times between the two are also significantly different (V8 is much faster and more stable).
Aside from that, the E92 (and others) use a different addressing format not easily handled by the V7.5 software.

easymon
October 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Sorry but changes to CSP at this stage won't happen, it is a major deal to modify them.

Thought that may be the case just wish there would be a way to manipulate the idle with in tune with out affecting all. Oh well can't have everything. Thanks

Biodiesel66
October 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I noticed with this update when checking for DTC in BBL on an LML.

I have a DTC showing on a LML ECM.

When I go to F3, Diagnostic, F1, Display DTCs and

F1, EPA Current: No DTC Detected

F2, EPA Pending: No DTC Detected

F3, MFG Set: P2598
P2201
P003A These 3 codes show.

In the past these type of DTC were seen when selecting F1.

Did something change or is this a problem?

Any update for BBL when the LML BBL PID for DPF Soot will be working?

Highlander
October 18th, 2013, 05:30 PM
^^^^This has been for a while now.

Highlander
October 18th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I get you... i just like the simplicity of one software to do it all... My guess is that I like 7.5 so much I don't want to change???? LOL... Wish we could edit on v8 so I could make the jump....

Chuck CoW
October 19th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Nothing for E78 however I am pleased to say that has now moved up the development list.

E92 uses our VIN license system. Stream licenses are an historical legacy retired some years ago.

Cheers
Cindy

OH... My body temp just went up a bit... For fellas like myself, that do a lot of mail order tuning involving ECM swaps, etc...

The old stream system was great for controllers we specialized in and we just used the vin system for odd ball jobs. I do understand

why EFI LIVE feels E38 streams (for instance) were not as profitable as vin licenses for that controller, but for a small group of your customers

limiting the license structure to vin licenses only will make business very difficult and cause guys like me to make drastic changes to how we do business.

I have to say, if it was that stream licenses never existed, I would never have developed many of the products or services I offer and all of the things I learned

along the way.

I would really love to see an alternate licensing option for guys like myself that is more economical for those of us that flash high volumes of the same controllers

both in production work and private development work. I would not be able to justify licensing 20-50 controllers sitting on the shelf with a vin only policy. Development for

some stuff would just halt with that.

Hopefully it's something you'll consider for those of us that do what I do.

Thanks.
Chuck CoW

wesam
October 19th, 2013, 05:17 AM
+1 chuck is right
we need a stream licens for E92 because for people who are in business we could not use just vin licenses every time

comnrailpwr
October 19th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Ultimately Efilive is a company who's main goal is to make money. It's more profitable for them to license this way compared to stream licensing. It's less profitable for people such as yourself who do mass volumes of the same controllers without an increase in price on your end. I have never understood why Efilive doesn't offer a jobber pricing to smaller shops such as myself who do nothing but promote and use their product. The terms to be a distributor are not feasible for shops like me.
Don't get me wrong. The product, crew and customer support is excellent but it isn't profitable for shops like me to make money on their products. Only way I make money is with my tuning services using their product. I will continue to use their great product but professional tuners get the same rate as the end consumer unless you pay a huge buy in or order mass quantities. I think if your order bundles of vin licences their should be a price break. Even if it were like 10 vin licenses for $1000 instead of $1250. Regardless that's another thread. Thanks for all your hard work EFI crew.

GMPX
October 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I do understand why EFI LIVE feels E38 streams (for instance) were not as profitable as vin licenses for that controller
The old system we had was never go to sustain EFILive in to the future, let me do some maths showing you why.
E38 first appeared in 2006, you paid $2,999 for the stream.
Now in 2013 you have had six years of free updates with unlimited tuning on any vehicle running that ECM, which works out to about $500 per year for unlimited tuning and free updates. That is less than the price of one canned tuner in many instances, I am going to guess at this Chuck, but lets say you have tuned 1,000 cars/trucks at $400 ea, $400,000 profit from a $2,999 investment, yeah I can see why you want the streams to continue.
Chuck you still Email EFILive constantly for support on these controllers, six years on it's very tiresome to be supporting them with essentially no benefit in the eyes of the company actually making money, afterall, none of us go to work for free right?

limiting the license structure to vin licenses only will make business very difficult and cause guys like me to make drastic changes to how we do business.
We are looking at a yearly stream per controller rather than a one off fee, that way in six years time it doesn't feel like a chore to continue to work with an older ECM whilst everyone complains we haven't got support done for the latest and greatest ECM.

Ultimately Efilive is a company who's main goal is to make money.
Well, we aren't running a soup kitchen so I am not sure what that comment was intended to show.

It's more profitable for them to license this way compared to stream licensing. It's less profitable for people such as yourself who do mass volumes of the same controllers without an increase in price on your end.
Well like I said to Chuck, the traditional stream arrangement is going (well, gone), yearly streams will be the new way which given the 'mass volumes' seems fair on both sides right?
I don't know when these will be introduced and we are not stalling on that so people are forced to licenses, we just need to get it right from day one.

GMPX
October 19th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Any update for BBL when the LML BBL PID for DPF Soot will be working?
Sorry, that was defined wrong in both V7 and V8, I've just fixed it in both (well, I hope I got it right this time).

comnrailpwr
October 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
yearly streams will be the new way which given the 'mass volumes' seems fair on both sides right?
Thanks and I completely agree with you.

Biodiesel66
October 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Sorry, that was defined wrong in both V7 and V8, I've just fixed it in both (well, I hope I got it right this time).

PM me if there's a chance I can try that out and let you know if it works?

My self and other have been waiting a long time for this.

Chuck CoW
October 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I hear ya... That's why I said....

I would really love to see an alternate licensing option for guys like myself that is more economical for those of us that flash high volumes of the same controllers

both in production work and private development work....

Hopefully it's something you'll consider for those of us that do what I do.

It's clearly important to me that Efi Live sustains itself....and grows. You benefit, but so do we... Thanks to you.

I suspected it was coming, but this is the first I've heard that streams are done. I've been buying licenses here and there

kinda saving up for a credit towards another of the streams I don't currently have. Can we still trade up licenses towards streams

that are still active in the V2 controller? Also, I'm assuming that the V3 cable will have new licensing, but still honor all of the streams

and vin licenses previously purchased?

Thanks for all you do,
Chuck CoW

wesam
October 19th, 2013, 10:51 AM
so when the new streaming licens will be available
I'm looking to buy the E92 ASAP ??

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I like the yearly stream idea, makes sense to me. I really prefer the flexibility of EFILive's licensing structure compared to the competition, but their system has it benefits when only working with a select few years/models. Having a yearly stream would compete with this and still provide the fantastic flexibility EFILive's license structure has.

wesam
October 20th, 2013, 11:26 PM
This error appear while installing V7.5 in Windows XP SP3 then the setup hangs and never complete

ATPCummins
October 21st, 2013, 03:32 AM
I have put a little over 400 miles on a new CSP tune. Data logging is great, switching seems to be working ok. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I am logging at the same time or not, but sometimes it can take about 20 seconds to switch tunes. Most of the time it is almost instant, but a couple of times it has taken almost a full minuet to switch. After I select a new tune, and it is slow to switch, the blue light on the back of the switch will randomly flash until it actually switches.

comnrailpwr
October 21st, 2013, 03:56 AM
I noticed that if you unplug the switch, change the switch setting, plug switch back in it stays on the previous setting prior to UN plugging. It only recognizes the switch setting once its changed after plugging it back in. This is probably just the nature of this smart switch. Just wondering, Was it not possible to do simple switches like dsp?

zfuller123
October 21st, 2013, 03:57 AM
Just another thought, as it seems to have started creeping up a few releases back and progressively getting worse....

On the V8 - if you're going to test for the firmware version of the V2/Autocal when doing a pass thru flash, could you do it BEFORE the flash starts? I've had it happen twice now where customers didn't go hit the 'check firmware' button prior to starting a flash (and weren't prompted for an update like the software used to as soon as V8 Scan & Tune was opened) - and of course, when the firmware update popped up - they were under way on doing a full flash of the controller and decided to hit the update firmware / boot block buttons which it ALLOWED and - well - you can imagine the support and fun from there.

It'd be really nice if the V2 is in use, that the boot block / firmware updates are NOT allowed to be done simultaneously - and it'd be even nicer to go back to the way the software used to seem to function (in my experience at least) and the firmware warnings were given when the software opened - not after the V2 was actually 'in use'...

Be happy to try and clarify more if you need me to. It is supportable of course, but boy would it be nice to NOT have to support it - especially on a Saturday afternoon with a dead truck AND v2 and panicking customer.....

GMPX
October 21st, 2013, 08:20 AM
I have put a little over 400 miles on a new CSP tune. Data logging is great, switching seems to be working ok. It doesn't seem to make a difference if I am logging at the same time or not, but sometimes it can take about 20 seconds to switch tunes. Most of the time it is almost instant, but a couple of times it has taken almost a full minuet to switch. After I select a new tune, and it is slow to switch, the blue light on the back of the switch will randomly flash until it actually switches.

I noticed that if you unplug the switch, change the switch setting, plug switch back in it stays on the previous setting prior to UN plugging. It only recognizes the switch setting once its changed after plugging it back in. This is probably just the nature of this smart switch. Just wondering, Was it not possible to do simple switches like dsp?

What switches are you using, by the sound of it these are SoCal's switches?
comnrailpwr, we couldn't do a simple voltage based switch like DSP because the Cummins ECM had no spare inputs to use, it had to be a CAN bus switch.

comnrailpwr
October 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
What switches are you using, by the sound of it these are SoCal's switches?
comnrailpwr, we couldn't do a simple voltage based switch like DSP because the Cummins ECM had no spare inputs to use, it had to be a CAN bus switch.

Gotcha. Yes I pre ordered the switched months ago from guyy. I will be ordering all my switches pass through from Zach from now on. Its stupid to even offer the non pass through style but I never had an option.

ATPCummins
October 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
Yes Ross, I am using a Socal pass-through switch.

Mike

ATPCummins
October 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
I just noticed that when logging injector balance rates on 5.9's, the #1 value is way off. I have checked two trucks that run good, an '06 and an '07, and both trucks are showing approximately 20mm3 for #1. The other cylinders are reading realistic rates (0.2-1.1mm3).

Motorzane
October 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
I just noticed that when logging injector balance rates on 5.9's, the #1 value is way off. I have checked two trucks that run good, an '06 and an '07, and both trucks are showing approximately 20mm3 for #1. The other cylinders are reading realistic rates (0.2-1.1mm3).

My Black V2 does that but not my Blue V2. It would only do it when I would BBX on the Black V2. When I checked it live it would show realistic numbers.

2007 5.9
October 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
This business of old tunes (before this release) no longer working once updated to this release is really screwing up customers.....

Paul, was this necessary due to CSP switching security?

Ive got customers with a new CSP-5 street but a older say pulling tune that no longer works with the updated firmware/software...and Im getting tons of emails asking why their old tunes wont work anymore....

30 RUM
October 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
A quick question, do any of you guys know if EFI Live is compatible with Windows 8.1. I was thinking of updating from Windows 8 but I still want to be able to use the software with out having to use compatibility mode.

Thnx

Sam

Highlander
October 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
It is compatible

30 RUM
October 22nd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Sounds good.

Thnx

ScarabEpic22
October 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Yep no issues on W8.1, been running RTM for over a month now.

GMPX
October 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Apart from it being Windows 8 :throw:

Boost
October 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Apart from it being Windows 8 :throw:

Haha, Windows 8 sucks terribly. The first time I used it, it kept changing tabs on me and I did not know how to get back to my work :online2long:

ScarabEpic22
October 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Im just a bit biased...but I think W7 is the "new" XP, it'll be around for a LONG time. W8/8.1 takes getting used to, the first month or so I didnt like it either, now that Ive been using it on my work laptop since Aug 2012 Im just as fast on it as W7.

5.9cummins06
October 22nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
anyone else have issues with the V2 after the update? mine just became sluggish & unresponsive.....it takes about 30 seconds for it to respond to the button that is pushed....

Blacky
October 22nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
anyone else have issues with the V2 after the update? mine just became sluggish & unresponsive.....it takes about 30 seconds for it to respond to the button that is pushed....

That can happen if the config gets corrupted. To reset the config back to factory defaults, hold the F1 key on FlashScan's keypad down while powering it up. You will see the blue LED flash a few times.
You can re-edit the config using the V8 Scan and Tune software [F6: Devices] window.

Another possibility is that the SD Card holder or the SD Card is faulty and FlashScan is constantly trying to reset/re-initialize the SD Card. Try removing any SD Card.

Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
October 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Paul

I've got quite a number of AutoCals in the field and this week I'm getting bombarded with software "compatibility"

phone calls as the new tunes I send out are not compatible with the previous versions.

In the beginning I suggested that updating the config of the tool was handled automatically immediately after a firmware update.

I would imagine that it should be possible and would love to see that soon as the #1 headache that we have here is AutoCal

customer service problems related to the software version or config problems.

Computer guys like you and I see it as pretty elementary, but the software is NOT intuitive to use and most people out there

have very limited computer skills.

Thank you.
Chuck CoW

zfuller123
October 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
An even simpler idea would be, if the device being updated is an autocal (the software knows this) - offer a simply dialog box AFTER firmware is updated each time to update the scripts. This would save TONS of time for the end user trying their best to follow our instructions. Again, it seems imple and trivial if you do it all day every day - but for the guy who just got the autocal, some of this is daunting. Making it simple for the end user by offering them a simple "Firmware Updated, do you wish to update your BBx scripts to maintain compatibility with this firmware version?" would be an AWESOME addition to the software.

I suppose this Idea could apply to V2s as well... but Autocals is where, from a support side, we would see a huge benefit to this being added IMO.

Blacky
October 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
In the beginning I suggested that updating the config of the tool was handled automatically immediately after a firmware update.
I agree, its now a high priority update.
Paul

Blacky
October 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
An even simpler idea would be, if the device being updated is an autocal (the software knows this) - offer a simply dialog box AFTER firmware is updated each time to update the scripts. This would save TONS of time for the end user trying their best to follow our instructions. Again, it seems imple and trivial if you do it all day every day - but for the guy who just got the autocal, some of this is daunting. Making it simple for the end user by offering them a simple "Firmware Updated, do you wish to update your BBx scripts to maintain compatibility with this firmware version?" would be an AWESOME addition to the software.

I suppose this Idea could apply to V2s as well... but Autocals is where, from a support side, we would see a huge benefit to this being added IMO.

Very true, it is daunting for someone not doing it every day.
Working on it as a high priority.

Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
October 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
I agree, its now a high priority update.
Paul

WHOOPIE!!!!!! Thanks Boss.

So Paul, just don't put that task before the INDUSTRY LEADING T43 "MASSIVE CALIBRATION" .calz DEVELOPMENT project.... OK?

Thanks again! ;)
Chuck CoW

GMPX
October 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
So Paul, just don't put that task before the INDUSTRY LEADING T43 "MASSIVE CALIBRATION" .calz DEVELOPMENT project.... OK?
We will do that right after the Beatles release a new album with all original members, I promise.

Blacky
October 23rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
The new "Check Firmware" option:

Highlander
October 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

that will make it easier for US anyways... :)

I still don't know how a lot of the security works... LOL

ScarabEpic22
October 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Fantastic! That's going to make fw updates a lot LESS painful for everyone!

5.9cummins06
October 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
That can happen if the config gets corrupted. To reset the config back to factory defaults, hold the F1 key on FlashScan's keypad down while powering it up. You will see the blue LED flash a few times.
You can re-edit the config using the V8 Scan and Tune software [F6: Devices] window.

Another possibility is that the SD Card holder or the SD Card is faulty and FlashScan is constantly trying to reset/re-initialize the SD Card. Try removing any SD Card.

Regards
Paul

well i removed the SD & it helped, put it back in and all is good now...thanks!

ATPCummins
October 24th, 2013, 03:15 AM

Very helpful.

zfuller123
October 24th, 2013, 05:17 AM

I think this is exactly what is needed. Giving them an option, but making it part of the firmware update process is what people need to make this MUCH easier.

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 07:23 AM
16011Good deal :cheers: this alerts the user that would otherwise be unaware that the V2 config needs updating also.

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Just had my first update issue with EFI Live. I updated both V7.5 and V8. Then updated my V2 bootblock and firmware. All went fine. Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM.
No biggie. I had stuff to do. Shut my laptop off. Figured I would email to Cindy later. Now it is later. Fire laptop up. Start EFILive. Oops forgot to plug in my V2. Plug my V2 and my laptop and my laptop crashes instantly to the blue screen of death. Tried restarting with the V2 plugged in. Would not. Just got the windows safe mode start up screen. Unplug the V2 the laptop fires right up without issue. Tryed plugging in the V2 in with a different USB cord it still crashes. Tryed different com lorts still crashes. I am guessing this a drivet issue. As the V2 worked on it own on the car. But it also worked tether to the laptop and the car earlier today. I thought the driver would have caused problems then to. Some reset after being shut down?
I need to tune truck tomorrow if possible and I would like to email Cindy this stock C7 cal.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Just had my first update issue with EFI Live. I updated both V7.5 and V8. Then updated my V2 bootblock and firmware. All went fine. Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM.
No biggie. I had stuff to do. Shut my laptop off. Figured I would email to Cindy later. Now it is later. Fire laptop up. Start EFILive. Oops forgot to plug in my V2. Plug my V2 and my laptop and my laptop crashes instantly to the blue screen of death. Tried restarting with the V2 plugged in. Would not. Just got the windows safe mode start up screen. Unplug the V2 the laptop fires right up without issue. Tryed plugging in the V2 in with a different USB cord it still crashes. Tryed different com lorts still crashes. I am guessing this a drivet issue. As the V2 worked on it own on the car. But it also worked tether to the laptop and the car earlier today. I thought the driver would have caused problems then to. Some reset after being shut down?
I need to tune truck tomorrow if possible and I would like to email Cindy this stock C7 cal.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!Uninstall the new driver and install the old driver.

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks I will try that when I get back from Trick or Treat with the kids.

GMPX
October 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Downloaded a stock Calibration out of a new C7. It came up unrecognized PCM!
You haven't downloaded the correct EFIlive software versions then (unless your C7 already has an update). You need to be running the versions posted in post #1 of this thread.

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I will double check when I get back home. I did check the build numbers after doing update. They looked right. But I could have missed something. Car just came in.

Chuck CoW
October 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM

And a FAR BETTER job than I was even hoping for! Bravo!

Much appreciated!
Chuck CoW

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I had the correct versions. Uninstalled and Reinstalled. Same problem. Instant crash as soon as the V2 is plugged in. Not real happy to say the least.

Chuck CoW
October 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
We will do that right after the Beatles release a new album with all original members, I promise.

http://www.corvettes-of-westchester.com/FORUM%20HOSTING%20SPACE/EFI%20LIVE%20GRAPHICS%20and%20TEXT/Ross%20LOVES%20T43s.png

If you don't come to SEMA, I'll have to ship your Christmas present to you.

Chuck CoW :devil_2:

GMPX
October 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
If you don't come to SEMA, I'll have to ship your Christmas present to you.
Yep, not going to SEMA so feel free to ship those T-shirts, I am just about out of oil rags.

GMPX
October 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I had the correct versions. Uninstalled and Reinstalled. Same problem. Instant crash as soon as the V2 is plugged in. Not real happy to say the least.
Please submit your driver issues through http://support.efilive.com/index.php

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Well still no luck. I uninstalled all EFI Live programs. Deleted the previous downloads. Shut off all programs not needed. Redownloaded the .exe files this time thru IE. Last time I used FireFox. Build numbers check out correct. I went into EFI Live_USBManger. Installed USB 2.08.14 drivers. As soon as you plug the V2 the computer goes blue screen of death.

JOHNBOY
October 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Please submit your driver issues through http://support.efilive.com/index.php

Done with pictures and a video.

wesam
October 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Any help regarding my problem in post 41 ?

Blacky
October 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM
This error appear while installing V7.5 in Windows XP SP3 then the setup hangs and never complete

Sorry for not replying, I didn't see this post when it was first posted.

Some things to try:

Try disabling your virus checker before installing the software (don't forget to re-enable it after the install).
Try running the installation "as administrator". (Right click on the downloaded install executable and select "Run as...", then select the administrator account.
Make sure FlashScan/AutoCal (or any other similar type of USB device) is not connected during the install.
Try removing all the EFILive/FTDI USB drivers from your computer before installing. See this thread for details: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22760-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-FlashScan-AutoCal-USB-drivers

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 25th, 2013, 12:00 PM
This business of old tunes (before this release) no longer working once updated to this release is really screwing up customers.....

Paul, was this necessary due to CSP switching security?

Ive got customers with a new CSP-5 street but a older say pulling tune that no longer works with the updated firmware/software...and Im getting tons of emails asking why their old tunes wont work anymore....

It has nothing to do with CSP5 switching, it was to fix a problem with LB7/LLY auto-locking.

What you describe is not quite how the latest change should manifest itself. Old/Existing files will continue to be work with the new software without any noticeable difference.
If you update to the new software and send a new file (that was saved with the new software) to someone who still has the old software, then they won't be able to open or flash that new file until they upgrade to the new software and firmware.

If you're describing some other problem, please let me know more details.

Regards
Paul

JOHNBOY
October 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
OK it is a laptop issue. I just loaded the software on another laptop and it works just as it should.
Wondering if my USB ports are getting weak? Old HP Pavilion DV1000 . XP Personal and USB1 ports .
Might be time for a new laptop.:bawl:

Highlander
October 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Lol

JOHNBOY
October 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM
OK it is a laptop issue. I just loaded the software on another laptop and it works just as it should.
Wondering if my USB ports are getting weak? Old HP Pavilion DV1000 . XP Personal and USB1 ports .
Might be time for a new laptop.:bawl:
Well I am not so sure it is a laptop issue. I was thinking that the V2 was drawing to much power from the USB and causing the crash. Well I don't think that is so now. I tried plugging in my V1 and it crashes instantly. I tried plugging the V2 in a vehicle then into my laptop in hopes that it would help power the V2. No luck still crashed. I tried running both my external USB hard drives at once. No issues at all. I tried every USB device I could find in my house and shop. All work without issue but my V2 and V1. I borrowed a laptop that is newer and runs Windows 7. My V2 and V1 work on it without issue. So know I think this might be a Windows XP compatibility issue. I made sure my Windows XP was update and that I had all the updates for the laptop from HP. Also looking at replacing with a Win7 Panasonic Toughbook.

Here is a video of my laptop crashing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeBUo5FMY4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ScarabEpic22
October 26th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Hate to say it, Windows XP is EOL and even extended support from Microsoft is ending in April 2014. Time to go to Windows 7, I know a lot of people aren't a fan of W8 but Windows 7 IS the new XP.

2007 5.9
October 27th, 2013, 05:40 AM
It has nothing to do with CSP5 switching, it was to fix a problem with LB7/LLY auto-locking.

What you describe is not quite how the latest change should manifest itself. Old/Existing files will continue to be work with the new software without any noticeable difference.
If you update to the new software and send a new file (that was saved with the new software) to someone who still has the old software, then they won't be able to open or flash that new file until they upgrade to the new software and firmware.

If you're describing some other problem, please let me know more details.

Regards
Paul

Customers who update to Oct 16...are no longer able to flash in pre-Oct 16 tunes unless I resave them with Oct 16 software.

When they try to flash a tune from August with Oct 16 software, it tells them that the current software doesn't support this tune file.

neovitwin
October 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM
No speed limiter yet for the e92?

GMPX
October 29th, 2013, 03:26 PM
No speed limiter yet for the e92?

Correct, if you need something specific like this please detail the OS you are dealing with and we will add in in to the E92 update list.

wesam
October 29th, 2013, 05:13 PM
+1 For adding speed limiter for E92 please

Boost
October 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Is it at all possible that there is something in this update (or missing from it) that would mess with the VATS patch for an E67?

I know the chances are higher its something else with the vehicle but I just thought I would ask here to cover all the bases. In another thread, I was able to VATS patch a vehicle with the previous software version, and it was running perfect with no lights on. Then I scanned it for a check engine light (Evap code / unrelated) with V8 after updating to this newest release, and read the file from the truck with V8 to save it again (to test that reading works good with this new version). Everything worked great but the red lock (theft light) started flashing and I can't get rid of it now.

It starts up every time and there is no other VATS / theft concern - except it wasn't flashing the red lock icon on the IPC until I scanned and read it. Again sorry if it's unrelated but just curious. I have already tried full flashing it a bunch of times - same result. Thanks

GMPX
October 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Before you all get too excited on the E92, we did state that full R&D time won't be going in to the calibrations this year and what we released was just a 'where we are at' deal.

Boost, the VATS patch is for conversions where there is no BCM etc, not regular vehicles.

Boost
October 30th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Got it, well for what it's worth it works pretty good anyway LOL.

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Problem with CSP5 switching, I have built the tunes and flashed them into the ECM, but when I go to switch tune it asks for a password. The parameters is set to 0 but it is still asking me for a password. I went back into the tune and tried to change the setting to 1 but every time change screens then go back it shows the 0 again even if I save the file after entering the 1. and no matter what I do it still ask for a password to switch tunes, and no matter what I enter it will say invalid password.

GMPX
October 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM
You have a mismatch of firmware or CSP5 versions, on page five of the CSP5 user guide it says you must be running....

EFILive V8.2.2.236 or later
FlashScan V2 / AutoCal Firmware - 2.07.51
EFILive V7.5.7.244 or later

Which is essentially the October 16th release.

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
just updated all of them prior to loading the tune.

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Wow just relooked at them and I have
V8.2.2.234
V7.5.7 build 242
Boot Block ver. 2.07.06
firmware 2.07.49
All of which I just downloaded and installed this morning from the EFI down load website.

comnrailpwr
October 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Thats not the most current software release. Thats the most current public release. Download software from the links at the beginning of this thread.

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks will download and try again.

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I do not see the .51 firmware update

saintb6969
October 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Nevermind, got it....

GMPX
October 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
You will have to start your CSP5 tune conversion again using the version you just downloaded.

neovitwin
October 31st, 2013, 03:21 AM
Well if you guys can add the speed limiter fields my OS is 12658729. I would really appreciate this before the official release

camaro68
October 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM
After you flash a ECM with V8 how do you edit the program again since V7 will not open a V8 tune.

ScarabEpic22
October 31st, 2013, 07:31 AM
After you flash a ECM with V8 how do you edit the program again since V7 will not open a V8 tune.

Open the file in V7.5, either open the V7.5 tune tool and File->Open then select the tune or right click the tune file ->Open With and select the V7.5 tune tool.

samh_08
October 31st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Dont know if this has been fixed in Build 236, but this is an error I get while trying to delete a BBL PID list. Deleting a LS1B list works fine, but anything with E38/T42/T43 I get this error (attatched).

Minor bug, but a bug none the less. Thanks for your work!

joecar
October 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
Dont know if this has been fixed in Build 236, but this is an error I get while trying to delete a BBL PID list. Deleting a LS1B list works fine, but anything with E38/T42/T43 I get this error (attatched).

Minor bug, but a bug none the less. Thanks for your work!Hi Sam,

Which V8 build version do you see that...?

samh_08
October 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Sam,

Which V8 build version do you see that...?
My bad I meant to type that right away. Build 234 for the V8.2.2 Software.

joecar
October 31st, 2013, 10:56 AM
My bad I meant to type that right away. Build 234 for the V8.2.2 Software.I let Paul know.

Are you able to make it happen with V8 build 236...?

ScarabEpic22
October 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Download the latest V8 (build 236) from this thread and try it again Sam, if it is still an issue then Paul can take a look.

samh_08
October 31st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Just updated to Build 236 and updated to the latest firmware. Same issue and error message..

zfuller123
October 31st, 2013, 11:48 AM
I get the error too from time to time, particularly when plugging in an autocal/v2 but opening the bbx screen to the stock 'options.txt' file. It ONLY happens when i click the 'read' button (like when i'm updating autocals scripts because i just updated their firmware)..... other than that - I can't even say it happens every time. Just seems when there's a whole lot of scan PIDs or ECMs on the page (as there is when the options.txt file is open) - and i click the Read button - i get this error. Figured it was just my computer since it doesn't happen all the time.

joecar
October 31st, 2013, 12:36 PM
I get the error too from time to time, particularly when plugging in an autocal/v2 but opening the bbx screen to the stock 'options.txt' file. It ONLY happens when i click the 'read' button (like when i'm updating autocals scripts because i just updated their firmware)..... other than that - I can't even say it happens every time. Just seems when there's a whole lot of scan PIDs or ECMs on the page (as there is when the options.txt file is open) - and i click the Read button - i get this error. Figured it was just my computer since it doesn't happen all the time.Before doing Read, first do Program All (one time only, until you flash new firmware)... and then after that check if doing Read still causes that error.

comnrailpwr
October 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
i dont think this is due to this update but today I cannot get anything in v8-v7.5-efilive explorer to open up. V7.5 does but it just suddenly crashes without warning or error. scan tool opens up and seems to work. i have tuned my duramax with this update yesterday. no problems. installed builds from this link and updated firmware when this thread started so i know everything is up to date . i did run a virus scan because of this issue hoping something got infected but it didn't fix the problem. it did find some stuff tho. i'm thinking my laptop is on its way out and i need to get a new one tomorrow. i cant shut it down or restart it via OS, it just gets stuck on "logging off". got 3 trucks this wknd to tune. can any of you pm me the best operating system to use and a good affordable laptop without a bunch of crap pre loaded on it. this will be used just to tune trucks. thought about a net book because of the smaller size. I have vista now and don't want it.

zfuller123
October 31st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Before doing Read, first do Program All (one time only, until you flash new firmware)... and then after that check if doing Read still causes that error.

If these were blank autocals, i would do that. ZBut since these are autocals set up and ready to go just with older firmware because of this update, and the way the process is designed to work - clicking the read button is what i want to do. i don't want to open each specific config file for every autocal when i have 20 of them sitting in front of me to update. I'm lazy like that :-) I used to just plug in, update firmware, then open BBX, do a read, then program all and was done. that is how the process used to work, and for the most part still does. My experience is this error usually only shows up if the BBX screen defaults to the 'options.txt' file (default file) where most all of the controllers are shown as well as most of the ecms for BBL are show and i hit the read button to pull in what's on the autocal and update the scripts.

Hopefully Paul's new update for when the firmware gets updated solves all of this. I like his plans for that.

comnrailpwr
November 1st, 2013, 03:01 AM
updatde. i did a system restore. it helped me open v8 some but i still am now getting this error 16057 im really thinking its laptop. somehow HAPI is not doing what its supposed to be doing. im reinstalling software now.

comnrailpwr
November 1st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Update. All seems to be working well. Not sure what was going on. Laptop just needed to be cleaned up.

JOHNBOY
November 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Update. All seems to be working well. Not sure what was going on. Laptop just needed to be cleaned up.
What windows OS is that computer running? My tuning laptop is dead to the EFI Live world. As I plug my V1 or V2 into it it dies. Have not figured it out. That same laptop still works with Motec, Holley EFI, and MegaSquirt. It also runs MasterCam and my DNC software flawlessly. I did all the house cleaning I could do. The computer is really working great now with everything but EFI. My laptop runs XP. I borrowed a laptop that runs 7 and it runs EFI Live without issue. But that computer does not have a native RS232 port that I need. So I need to order a refurbished laptop. Wish I could just get my old laptop to run EFI Live again!

THEFERMANATOR
November 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
What windows OS is that computer running? My tuning laptop is dead to the EFI Live world. As I plug my V1 or V2 into it it dies. Have not figured it out. That same laptop still works with Motec, Holley EFI, and MegaSquirt. It also runs MasterCam and my DNC software flawlessly. I did all the house cleaning I could do. The computer is really working great now with everything but EFI. My laptop runs XP. I borrowed a laptop that runs 7 and it runs EFI Live without issue. But that computer does not have a native RS232 port that I need. So I need to order a refurbished laptop. Wish I could just get my old laptop to run EFI Live again!
You can buy an adapter cable to hook that port up to a USB as I had to buy one for my GPS to my new PC.

ScarabEpic22
November 1st, 2013, 04:38 PM
You can buy an adapter cable to hook that port up to a USB as I had to buy one for my GPS to my new PC.

I had to buy one too so I can plug my LC1 into my laptop. Wish Innovate would upgrade it to the 20th century (no typo there) and make it USB. Or heck, build the serial converter INTO the unit so it's a USB cable.

statesman
November 2nd, 2013, 12:24 AM

Did you try uninstalling the driver?

JOHNBOY
November 2nd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Not an option. To much EMI at work. I tryed several years ago. Still have them. Every time the files got corrupted. When your dealing with a machine program that has several million lines not worth the risk. Learned that the hard way. A true serial port is the only way to go for what I need.

JOHNBOY
November 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
Did you try uninstalling the driver?

Yes multiple times. Tried every driver option included with EFI Live per the sticky and at the advice of the tech support. Still no dice. I uninstalled everything. Reinstalled clean. Still no luck. Did a system restore to three months ago and did a clean install. Still no luck. Not sure what else I can do. Everything else works great on that computer but EFI Live.

comnrailpwr
November 2nd, 2013, 01:21 AM
Yes multiple times. Tried every driver option included with EFI Live per the sticky and at the advice of the tech support. Still no dice. I uninstalled everything. Reinstalled clean. Still no luck. Did a system restore to three months ago and did a clean install. Still no luck. Not sure what else I can do. Everything else works great on that computer but EFI Live.
Been a while since I read all your posts. Does it do this while charging the laptop too? Did you try an external USB port?

statesman
November 2nd, 2013, 03:11 AM

Try uninstalling the driver, then uninstall the V7.5 and V8 programs. Go into windows explorer and navigate to Program Files>EFILive. Delete the EFILive folder. Then reboot the machine and reinstall the V7.5 and V8 software but don't install any driver. Plug the flashscan in and see if you get the blue screen or not. If you don't get the blue screen and you get windows detects new hardware, then use the windows wizard to install the driver.

JOHNBOY
November 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Try uninstalling the driver, then uninstall the V7.5 and V8 programs. Go into windows explorer and navigate to Program Files>EFILive. Delete the EFILive folder. Then reboot the machine and reinstall the V7.5 and V8 software but don't install any driver. Plug the flashscan in and see if you get the blue screen or not. If you don't get the blue screen and you get windows detects new hardware, then use the windows wizard to install the driver.
Just did this. Followed your directions to the letter. As soon as the USB cable was plugged into my laptop from the V2 the laptop blue screened.

JOHNBOY
November 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Been a while since I read all your posts. Does it do this while charging the laptop too? Did you try an external USB port?

I have not tried an external USB port.

joecar
November 2nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
If you have a newer laptop, it configures the USB ports for USB3/xHCI...

go into the system BIOS and disable xHCI and/or set USB to USB2.

Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-USB3/xHCI (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23223-Please-Read-Windows-8-Users-%28USB3-xHCI%29&highlight=USB3)

outkast
November 2nd, 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm posting this at the suggestion of joecar. my new v2 will not read out my ls1b controller (2001 corvette a4). my software/firmware is as follows

v7.5.7 build 244
v8.2.2 build 236
boot block 2.07.06
firmware 2.07.51

when I try to read with v7 it says the boot loader is rejected and can't unlock
when I try to read with v8 it says error $0537 controller locked with a custom key

the controller isn't locked as it has been read with hpt less than a week ago. any help is greatly appreciated. I miss my v1 :(

statesman
November 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
Just did this. Followed your directions to the letter. As soon as the USB cable was plugged into my laptop from the V2 the laptop blue screened.

Okay, with no driver installed we know that the driver can't be the problem.

Try plugging the V2 into your car. You won't need to turn the ignition key on, the V2 will draw power from the car with the key off. Now with the V2 powered by the car, plug it into your laptop... see if the laptop blue screens. We're testing to see if the problem goes away when we don't need the USB port to supply any power to the V2.

EDIT: Okay, I just read back and in post #90 you already tried this.

All I can think of is that you have some corrupt file in windows. It's not an XP compatiblity issue as I'm running XP with no problems. You might have to back-up all your files and do a clean install of XP if you want to continue using that laptop.

JOHNBOY
November 3rd, 2013, 05:10 AM
Okay, with no driver installed we know that the driver can't be the problem.

Try plugging the V2 into your car. You won't need to turn the ignition key on, the V2 will draw power from the car with the key off. Now with the V2 powered by the car, plug it into your laptop... see if the laptop blue screens. We're testing to see if the problem goes away when we don't need the USB port to supply any power to the V2.

EDIT: Okay, I just read back and in post #90 you already tried this.

All I can think of is that you have some corrupt file in windows. It's not an XP compatiblity issue as I'm running XP with no problems. You might have to back-up all your files and do a clean install of XP if you want to continue using that laptop.
I removed the drivers and EFI Live files again. Shut down and restarted. Plugged in the V2 without any EFI Live software in the computer. Still crashes. Something is windows is corrupt from the sounds of it. Not sure I want to whip it clean and start again. I need to do some reading on that. Thanks for your help!

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
I'm posting this at the suggestion of joecar. my new v2 will not read out my ls1b controller (2001 corvette a4). my software/firmware is as follows

v7.5.7 build 244
v8.2.2 build 236
boot block 2.07.06
firmware 2.07.51

when I try to read with v7 it says the boot loader is rejected and can't unlock
when I try to read with v8 it says error $0537 controller locked with a custom key

the controller isn't locked as it has been read with hpt less than a week ago. any help is greatly appreciated. I miss my v1 :(I pm'd Paul (but we may have to open a Support ticket).

Can you try reading the PCM's tune using V2 BBR...?

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Do you mean just reading it with v2 ( no laptop )? If so I can try it later this afternoon and report back

statesman
November 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
I removed the drivers and EFI Live files again. Shut down and restarted. Plugged in the V2 without any EFI Live software in the computer. Still crashes. Something is windows is corrupt from the sounds of it. Not sure I want to whip it clean and start again. I need to do some reading on that. Thanks for your help!

A clean install of XP is generally a last resort... I know you said that you uninstalled the driver but are you sure you uninstalled the driver correctly? I got a feeling that the driver might still be there.

What procedure did you use to uninstall the driver?

JOHNBOY
November 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
A clean install of XP is generally a last resort... I know you said that you uninstalled the driver but are you sure you uninstalled the driver correctly? I got a feeling that the driver might still be there.

What procedure did you use to uninstall the driver?
I did what it said in the sticky and used the uninstaller for the drivers that comes in EFI Live.

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Do you mean just reading it with v2 ( no laptop )? If so I can try it later this afternoon and report backYes, correct, no laptop...

to do this, you have to make sure the BBx config mentions your PCM ( V8 S&T -> BBx -> Tune ).

You will need an SD card.

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
I tried just using v2 with the same custom key message. I have a copy of the current tune but pulled with hpt. it won't allow me to post it here

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
I tried just using v2 with the same custom key message. I have a copy of the current tune but pulled with hpt. it won't allow me to post it hereHi Matt,

go here and do what this says (it will guide you thru getting all the needed info): 7778-QEKN-0400 (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400)

Paul needs this info:

... supply the appropriate V8 *.blx trace file from a failed read attempt with the "Try Alt Keys" and "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" check boxes checked.

Also see this: 8254-QOGC-9586 (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586)

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Matt,

Enclose the HPT file into a zip file and see if you can post that.

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
here it is

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
I just switched to a different laptop but i'll try to get the info needed asap

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
I believe I just figured out my issue. I believe the os is a 1bar maf enhanced custom from hpt. if someone can verify that would be great. I've never used hpt but it looks like a custom os. if so is there anyway to flash a stock os back in?

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
I believe I just figured out my issue. I believe the os is a 1bar maf enhanced custom from hpt. if someone can verify that would be great. I've never used hpt but it looks like a custom os. if so is there anyway to flash a stock os back in?Hi Matt, you will have to get the tuner with HPT to flash the stock OS in.

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Were you able to look at the posted file? If so is it a custom os?

darcy
November 3rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Were you able to look at eh posted file? if so is it a custom os?

Yep; it's 1 Bar MAF - Enhanced, converted from 12202088.

outkast
November 3rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yep; it's 1 Bar MAF - Enhanced, converted from 12202088.

Thanks man. I thought so but I'm unfamiliar with hpt

statesman
November 4th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I did what it said in the sticky and used the uninstaller for the drivers that comes in EFI Live.

Okay, it sounds like you've done everything right. There's one last thing I can think of trying. You mentioned before that if you plug in the V2 and then turn on the computer, it boots into safe mode.

Try booting into safe mode with the V2 plugged in. Go into device manager. See if the V2 shows up on the list of Universal Serial Bus controllers.... it may show up as EFILive or it may show up as something else. If it doesn't show up, then I don't think there's much else we can do. If it does show up, then double click on it and in the box that opens, click on the driver tab, then click the uninstall button. Unplug the V2 and reboot.

JOHNBOY
November 4th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Okay, it sounds like you've done everything right. There's one last thing I can think of trying. You mentioned before that if you plug in the V2 and then turn on the computer, it boots into safe mode.

Try booting into safe mode with the V2 plugged in. Go into device manager. See if the V2 shows up on the list of Universal Serial Bus controllers.... it may show up as EFILive or it may show up as something else. If it doesn't show up, then I don't think there's much else we can do. If it does show up, then double click on it and in the box that opens, click on the driver tab, then click the uninstall button. Unplug the V2 and reboot.

I will try that.
Thanks again.

AGRO
November 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hi all, is there support for the VF Holden TCM?

GMPX
November 4th, 2013, 03:15 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23411-E92-2014-t43-OS-not-supported
Post #3

JOHNBOY
November 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM

It will not stay running long enough to do anything with the V2 plugged in. I spent hours tonight checking each driver manually for updates. Still no luck.

statesman
November 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM
It will not stay running long enough to do anything with the V2 plugged in. I spent hours tonight checking each driver manually for updates. Still no luck.

I can see the amount of effort you're putting into resolving this issue. You obviously REALLY want to keep using EFILive on this particular laptop. I'd like you to email me a particular file off your computer... it will let me see what's really going on. Message me, I've got less than 10 posts so I can't message you.

Wheelz
November 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Weird thing I just experienced... was running V7 build 235 and V8 build 229 and I'm fairly certain windows installed some updates since the last time I plugged my v2 in. Just plugged it in and the v2 didn't boot properly, and the 7.5 tune tool would only run in demo mode (The screen would flicker and the second light from the right would flash). Installed the Oct. 16 release and it seems to be working fine now.

Blacky
November 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
The latest stable release is available here: http://www.efilive.com/downloads.htm
Additional updates are listed here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/software-release-nov-07-2013/

Regards
Paul