PDA

View Full Version : lmm p0101??

chevyman2
October 15th, 2013, 05:52 PM
the truck is a 2009 with efi live for dpf delete, egr off, egr block plate in and an afe intake to the turbo with the dry filter. a year ago it had the p0101 and power reduce mode with the stock air intake. tried to clean it but didnt help. put a new mass airflow sensor in and was all good and now a year later the p0101 is back with same power reduce going on. is there something going on here or does it need a new sensor? it seems to be reading fine when hooked up to efi live scan tool. I change the dtc to not reported for the p0101 but it still comes up is there something i'm missing here with turning this code off and no reduced power. this is a work truck and needs to be on the road so anyone know what I can do to fix this. other than dpf and egr it has stock tune.:doh:

chevyman2
October 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
the truck also goes into power reduction mode when you come to a stop and than about half mile down the road the power reduced mode goes off and the truck runs fine till you stop again. only code it sets is the p0101 any ideas???

BigTexas68
October 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
the truck also goes into power reduction mode when you come to a stop and than about half mile down the road the power reduced mode goes off and the truck runs fine till you stop again. only code it sets is the p0101 any ideas???

Have you tried changing the MAF sensor parameters?
You might try maxing out the parameters in C0903 and C0904,

Motorzane
October 23rd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Just a thought, but have you checked for leaks between the air filter and the turbo.

Boost
October 23rd, 2013, 03:37 AM
LOL, that code is a big limper on those trucks. I had a customer recently that throws it (and limps) with a certain name brand air intake, everything tightened and no leaks. When he puts the stock one back on it stops. The solution is to properly calibrate the setup and alter the parameters to avoid limp.

chevyman2
October 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
no leaks on the truck from filter to turbo. has an afe stage 2 intake on it with the afe Power BladeRunner Turbo Inlet Tube on it. will try changing parameters on it to see if that helps. it did this right before I put the intake on the truck last year so I put a new airflow sensor in it and all of a sudden the other day it came back again so i'll change the parameters first but maybe it needs a new sensor again and they are proud of them!

Boost
October 25th, 2013, 02:18 AM
If it has any mods at all, just fix the calibration first before condemning the sensor. They do fail but they aren't cheap and perfectly good sensors throw that code all the time with minor mods. Remember that the factory calibrated the sensor for stock parts and settings, and the ECM is programmed to detect abnormal operation.

tokymon
October 25th, 2013, 05:20 AM
i have seen these do this when the air almost stalls when coming to a stop set low flow down more ( sorry at work not in front of tuning computer)

just downloaded its c0901 you want to adjust if it happen when you come to a stop

BigTexas68
October 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM
i have seen these do this when the air almost stalls when coming to a stop set low flow down more ( sorry at work not in front of tuning computer)

just downloaded its c0901 you want to adjust if it happen when you come to a stop

Wouldn't the low air flow be responsible for the P0102 dtc?

I've got an Lmm that's giving me trouble with the p0102. The only truck out of 30+ LMM's I've done.

tokymon
October 25th, 2013, 05:57 AM
it says in decription that it will set p0101 but i see where youre coming from.

billybob
December 30th, 2013, 09:17 AM
If it has any mods at all, just fix the calibration first before condemning the sensor. They do fail but they aren't cheap and perfectly good sensors throw that code all the time with minor mods. Remember that the factory calibrated the sensor for stock parts and settings, and the ECM is programmed to detect abnormal operation.

How do I calibrate the sensor? I have an lmm I cant get figured out. Throws the p0101 no matter where i set c0901 or c0903.

Boost
January 1st, 2014, 10:32 AM
How do I calibrate the sensor? I have an lmm I cant get figured out. Throws the p0101 no matter where i set c0901 or c0903.

It should not throw the code, send me your tune and I'll fix it.

tune@torquesouth.com

chevyman2
January 12th, 2014, 05:38 PM
still having the issues with this 09 os # 12628594 that I have been chasing the p0101 and reduced power mode. Cleaned the sensor and nothing. maxed out the parameters and still have codes. so I put a new mass air flow sensor in it and still getting the reduced power and p0101. have even logged data on a drive and everything looks like its fine. like I said in the beginning the truck has been setup like this for a year without a problem any ideas?? maybe I need a quarter stick of dynamite that should fix it.!! lol
2009 OS #12628594,dpf removed, egr disabled and blocked, afe DRY filter intake system

chevyman2
January 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Is there a way to properly bench test the old mass air flow sensor with a multi-meter

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 13th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Have you looked at the wiring ? If it started doing it when it was stock intake and not with aftermarket parts then it is definitely an issue with the truck.

You changed out the MAF Sensor and a year later its doing the same thing.

Did this truck ever have a programmer on it other than EFI-Live ? Is the stock file you used an updated one or the original one ?

Try another stock LMM Tune that all segments match this stock one and do a Full Flash with a correct replacement stock file.

Good Luck

chevyman2
January 13th, 2014, 04:23 PM
yes just put a new mass airflow sensor in and still having problem, no never had anything other than efi-live on it and it is the original file that came in the truck, last time it was at dealership was late 2010 so not sure on the updates. no I have not checked into the wiring yet dose anyone know where and which pins to check resistance on from the sensor plug to the closest harness connection?

chevyman2
January 15th, 2014, 04:37 PM
ok got a little more info on this I was working on the truck yesterday. If I clear the code and let the truck idle for about 8 min you can hear what sounds like the turbo vanes cycling and than 2-3min later reduced power comes on with the p0101. I would clear the code and than in about 10min of idling it comes back did this five times just to be sure and to the tee the same thing every time. I was even doing some logging with the mass air flow and such and there was no fluctuation in the mass air flow. I could not get the truck to do it while driving just at an idle but the guy driving it says it comes on while driving sometimes.

Boost
January 16th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Would you like to send me your tune as well, if I gather correctly billybob is no longer having an issue?

chevyman2
January 16th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I can do that any thing that can help with this will be a life saver!!

billybob
January 16th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I should have updated, that didnt solve my problem.

It needed a maf sensor

chevyman2
January 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM
mine has a brand new sensor in it but no change so I changed the limp tables in it for now. it still says reduced power but doesn't actually go into reduce power. took a little to find all the tables but it runs fine but I want to get this issues resolved and put the reduced power ability tune back on the truck.

Boost
January 18th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I can do that any thing that can help with this will be a life saver!!

Try the one I just sent. If it does not work I would try a different OS and / or take away the rumble idle.

chevyman2
January 21st, 2014, 06:34 PM
at this point it's working time will tell. I didn't even think about changing that stuff thanks!

Boost
January 22nd, 2014, 12:41 AM
at this point it's working time will tell. I didn't even think about changing that stuff thanks!

My pleasure! :cheers:

taitersalid
November 16th, 2015, 06:08 AM
boost.. my brother is having problems with his maf on his 08 duramax all he has done to it is dpf delete and egr delete.. I used my efi live to disable the dpf and egr in the computer but is still having reduced power and throwing maf code

THEFERMANATOR
November 17th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Sounds like you overlooked a limiter or a temp enabler. You can't just shut the codes off as this won't always work. You can stop the codes that way, but the ECM will still go to enable them. And just setting them to disable doesn't always work either.