PDA

View Full Version : Problems after reflashing

DocZ28
October 22nd, 2013, 02:58 AM
Yesterday I reflash my 00 Fbody, and after I start to log, It happen this funny issue, The all the cluster needles except RPM and speed drops to zero and then read again. I´m getting this codes:
U1016
U1040
U1096

And the scan tool shows ERR_NOCNX/122

Any Ideas?

cindy@efilive
October 22nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Yesterday I reflash my 00 Fbody, and after I start to log, It happen this funny issue, The all the cluster needles except RPM and speed drops to zero and then read again. I´m getting this codes:
U1016
U1040
U1096

And the scan tool shows ERR_NOCNX/122

Any Ideas?
To offer support we need a few more details.

The article in the link below explains the support process, the software versions and firmware versions you are running are very relevant and we are unable to offer support without those details.
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

If you are not running our October 16 pre-release, you need to update and attempt your processes again. If it is still persistent, then can you please follow the article above, and provide exact steps for us to reproduce the issue.

CHeers
Cindy

DocZ28
October 22nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Too late the PCM is in unknow state, I can´t reflash non read it.

GMPX
October 22nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
I can't really make sense of what you are trying to say.
Does the car run?

DocZ28
October 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Last nigth I did a reflash and every thing was ok. Today on the way to the office I was logging and suddenly, the the instrument cluster needles start to fall down (charge, temp, oil pressure and gas) abs, service vehicle and check gages ligths on. Only the RPM and KPH were working.

When that happen, the efilive lost comunication with the pcm My mistake was not lo save that bug. Then I try to connect with no succsess. I turn off the engine, restart the laptop and I pull these DTC.

A couple of hours ago, I try reflash the PCM and it is in a unknow state. Now the car does not run.

DocZ28
October 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
I found the problem. It is the interfase cable, when is plugged to the obdii connector. The dash made those funny things. Now my pcm is dead it is empty and i can not made any reflash i try to recovery but it did not work. What else can i do?

joecar
October 23rd, 2013, 03:40 AM
Are you saying the problems happen when the V2 is plugged into the vehicle's OBD connector...?

You are missing some ground connections (due to: corrosion, excessive voltage drop, broken/damaged wire(s)).

DocZ28
October 23rd, 2013, 04:10 AM
Joe, thank for your replay, I don´t think that the problem are grounds. I´m sure that the problem was the obdII cable, A friend borrow me his PCM to drive my car at home.

Here are the details, when I connect the v1 the dash instruments starts to play like I said before. I think that maybe the V1 box, so I only connect the cable and made the same thing.
Keeping that in mind, I use another obdii cable and the connecting problem is solve. I pull out the borrow pcm and put mine but it says that the calibration is missing, and is in unknow state.

Questions:
The pcm could be reprogram in this case with another software?
If not, and Ihave to buy a new pcm, what happen with my licence?
It will be safe to use this obdii cable? it is from a generic obdii scanner.

Regards

DocZ28
October 23rd, 2013, 05:07 AM
Are you saying the problems happen when the V2 is plugged into the vehicle's OBD connector...?

You are missing some ground connections (due to: corrosion, excessive voltage drop, broken/damaged wire(s)).

Yes that is correct, but as I said even when I only connect the cable with out the v1 box.

joecar
October 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Yes that is correct, but as I said even when I only connect the cable with out the v1 box.Have a closer look at your OBD2/ALDL connector, it might have a broken/shorting wire.

Then take a closer look at the cable, see if you can ohm it end-to-end to see if it is broken/shorted internally.

joecar
October 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM

Questions:
The pcm could be reprogram in this case with another software?
If not, and Ihave to buy a new pcm, what happen with my licence?
It will be safe to use this obdii cable? it is from a generic obdii scanner.

RegardsThe PCM can be programmed with any software that supports it (as long as you did not install a COS).

If your PCM has died and you replace it, keep the receipt showing the cost of the replacement PCM.

I think the cable has a problem... you should be able to use a generic OBD2-DB9 cable, just check the pinout first.

DocZ28
October 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
The PCM can be programmed with any software that supports it .

I know that but, in this case that my pcm shows no calibration, and efilive can´t flash it, could other software works or How to know if there is nothing to be done and it is dead?

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 05:23 AM
If the PCM is blank then you will need special equipment (GM Tech2/TIS, Mongoose, other) to flash a factory file.

If the PCM is dead then nothing can be done.

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 05:24 AM
If you turn on ignition key and connect scantool, does scantool communicate in any manner (OBD system readiness tests, logging)...?

DocZ28
October 24th, 2013, 06:11 AM
If you turn on ignition key and connect scantool, does scantool communicate in any manner (OBD system readiness tests, logging)...?

When ignition is on, the check engine ligth is on, when you press the scantool to connect, it looks like is connected but does not get any info VIN, OS.

Also, with the flash tool, when I press calibration details and get info. All this is in blank VIN, Serial, Hardware, OS, Cal ID abd BCC.

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 10:03 AM
After the scantool connects, do Info->Retrieve All Test Results and see what it produces (click on all the subtabs).

DocZ28
October 25th, 2013, 10:53 AM
After the scantool connects, do Info->Retrieve All Test Results and see what it produces (click on all the subtabs).

I did that, and the only subtab available is validate pid´ nothing more.

May be the pcm is dead. Now I´m looking for a replacement. I found in a junkyard a PCM from 2004 Silverado 6.0L, Anyone knows if it will work for my 00 F-car?

69camaro5speed
November 26th, 2013, 04:49 PM
no it will not ,i am sure you know that buy now

DocZ28
November 27th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Thanks, I already buy one and have new aldl cable. What I´m affraid is screw it again. I look on other post and read that some one that couldn´t made a full reflash, that is what happen to me at the beginning but I´ll follow the instructions on that post. And tell you about any unusual things.

DocZ28
December 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Yesterday I was re-flashing, a PCM, and have a issue with it, after the file was loaded, I can´t start the car, so I check if it was done rigth cuz I´m affraid after what happen with my pcm. And the curious thin was that Efilive softwere said me that PCM was in an unknow state, I did try to reflash and full reflash with no succes. I was worried so I did not save any screen or bugs what I remember is that said something about PCMLocks.ini.

After I try several times, I get connected with the pcm and do a reflash, after that I have no problems.

My question is What is the possibility that my divice is failing? I will reinstall the software and test or could be my windows 7 the problem.

69camaro5speed
December 6th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Yesterday I was re-flashing, a PCM, and have a issue with it, after the file was loaded, I can´t start the car, so I check if it was done rigth cuz I´m affraid after what happen with my pcm. And the curious thin was that Efilive softwere said me that PCM was in an unknow state, I did try to reflash and full reflash with no succes. I was worried so I did not save any screen or bugs what I remember is that said something about PCMLocks.ini.

After I try several times, I get connected with the pcm and do a reflash, after that I have no problems.

My question is What is the possibility that my divice is failing? I will reinstall the software and test or could be my windows 7 the problem.

mine was doing it in v8 so i went back to 7.5 ,it would say theres a lock or some thing
try using 7.5 if your using v8

DocZ28
December 6th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mine is V1, and using V7.5. I´m will reinstall and check again, What is sure is that I´m not confident when I do a reflash, I did change the two cables, So I´m affraid that the divice could be damaged, but those things are not supposed to fail rigt?

joecar
December 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Can you post the text that appears during flashing...

joecar
December 6th, 2013, 04:23 PM
What year/model is your car...?

DocZ28
December 7th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Can you post the text that appears during flashing...

Can´t remember all but here is what I recall

Auto detect pcm
PCM Detected
Seed 7$... something
Initializing 1 of 4
Initializing 2 of 4
Initializing 3 of 4
Initializing 4 of 4
Abort
Flash memory can not be errased

This happend after I did a reflash. and every time I try was the same.
After that I try to do full reflash and a recover pcm and always I get the response that PCM was in an unknow state.

As I saw info in the pcm like vin, os, I give a shot to download the file tune, and that did work, after that I have no more problems, So I do not what happen. Next time I will save the messages.

My car is 00 Camaro with 02 OS and my pcm is dead, I have to purchase another one. And this last one Is a 02 Transam

Blacky
December 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Abort
Flash memory can not be errased

That error can happen when the battery voltage is too low or too high. Make sure you have a good quality battery and that is fully charged before you attempt to flash the PCM.
Reading will still usually work even if the battery voltage is too low/high. Flashing requires the battery voltage to be very close to 12V which is needed to erase the ECM's memory.

Regards
Paul

DocZ28
December 21st, 2013, 05:51 AM
Update...

New PCM flashed and working. I didn´t have any problems since last time.
I bought a PCM 12200411 and works good, well to be honest I don´t see any difference.

Thanks for your help

joecar
December 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM
Update...

New PCM flashed and working. I didn´t have any problems since last time.
I bought a PCM 12200411 and works good, well to be honest I don´t see any difference.

Thanks for your helpSo the previous PCM was bad...?

DocZ28
December 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
Gone bad. It is empty