PDA

View Full Version : Reflash

camaro68
October 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
I have read a pcm from a 4.8 LS truck and have deactivated the VATS, but now I cannot get it to reflash into the PCM. It says I have no license to do it but I have 2 VIN license left. Any ides on what I am doing wrong?

cindy@efilive
October 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
I have read a pcm from a 4.8 LS truck and have deactivated the VATS, but now I cannot get it to reflash into the PCM. It says I have no license to do it but I have 2 VIN license left. Any ides on what I am doing wrong?

To offer support we need a few more details.

The article in the link below explains the support process. The software versions and firmware versions you are running are very relevant and we are unable to offer support without those details.
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

It is highly likely that you have a software/firmware mismatch.

If you are not running our October 16 pre-release, you need to update and attempt your processes again. We recommend If you a still having issues then can you please follow the article above, including providing the license backup file and provide exact steps for us to reproduce the issue.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
October 23rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
camaro68,

what V7 build versions are you running...?

from tunetool do Help->About and take a screenshot, post it here.

Do what Cindy said above.

camaro68
October 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
I am using version 8.2.2 build 234. I have licensed the controller and tried to flash it but it comes back and says controller must be license. I have checked and I am using Boot block version 2.07.06 and flash scan firmware 2.07.49. Any ideas on what is going on?

cindy@efilive
October 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
I am using version 8.2.2 build 234. I have licensed the controller and tried to flash it but it comes back and says controller must be license. I have checked and I am using Boot block version 2.07.06 and flash scan firmware 2.07.49. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thank you for listing your software and firmware versions. You now must follow the steps in the link listed above...
Prerequisites Before seeking support from EFILive there are a few essential criteria that must first be met.

Update Software and Firmware Support will only be provided on the current generally available (GA) software version, or any public beta or release candidate versions. Additionally the firmware of the Flashscan device must be updated to the latest version supported by the installed software version. Please ensure that all of your software and firmware is up-to-date prior to seeking support.
A link to relevant articles Getting the Latest Software and Upgrading FlashScan & AutoCal Bootblock and Firmware Versions are located Related Articles section at the bottom of this article.

The latest release is October 16, 2013. You can download and update from here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23338-Update-Oct-16-2013

Use the V8 Software to Read/Flash Note: V8 does not support FlashScan V1 devices so in that case the correct software to use is V7.
The V8 software read and flash process is much improved compared to V7, both in terms of performance and resilience. This improvement is based on the many years of R&D which has occurred since the release of the V7 product. Before contacting your reseller for support please ensure that you have attempted to read/flash your vehicle using the V8 software.

If those steps fail to resolve your issue you will need to log a support case, and provide your license backup file. Detailed instructions on how to do this are provided in the link http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
October 24th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Do this:
- update V7 and V8 software to builds 244 and 236 respectively,
- update your V2 firmware,
- update your V2 BBx config, see post #1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

Then:
- from V8 S&T connect to V2 and view the PCM licenses, post a screenshot;
- exit V8 S&T, and from V7 tunetool connect to V2 and view the PCM licenses, post a screenshot;

Then try reading the PCM using:
- V8
- V2 BBx
- V7 tunetool

If it can be read it should be able to flashed...

if not, then follow what Cindy said (including the license backup file and the screenshots said above):

If those steps fail to resolve your issue you will need to log a support case, and provide your license backup file. Detailed instructions on how to do this are provided in the link kb_article_7778-QEKN-0400 (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400)

camaro68
October 24th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Here are some of the screen shots of what is going on I hope they help.

camaro68
October 24th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Here are some of the screen shots of what is going on I hope they help.

darcy
October 24th, 2013, 03:06 PM
You don't have GM tuning activated on your V2 - only Cummins.

See screenshot #3

camaro68
October 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I saw that so how do I get it activated?

See screenshot #3

darcy
October 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
You can purchase th option through the web store, just buying a vin licence.

http://www.efilive.com/licenses/tuningoptions-1/flashscan-v2-gm-tuning-option

camaro68
October 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
but I have two vin license that have not been used.

darcy
October 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
It's not the VIN lincence that you are lacking - your unit does not have the GM tuning option activate.

When you purchase a V2, you can select to have it with:
a) GM Tuning option
b) Cummins Tuning option
c) Both (at a greater cost)

As your unit appears to have the Cummins option activated, so you will have to purchase the GM option if you wish to flash GM PCMs.

You need to have the appropriate tuning option activated - then you can apply your VIN licenses to whatever individual PCM you want to use.

cindy@efilive
October 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Darcy is correct. The screen shot you've posted indicated you have purchased FlashScan V2 with the Cummins Tuning option. This product gives you the ability to tune any supported Cummins vehicles, and ships with 2 VIN licenses to get you started. In this case both are unused.

To tune GM based vehicles, you need FlashScan V2 with the GM Tuning option. Again this ships with 2 VIN Licenses to tune any 2 supported GM vehicles.

If you ordered the incorrect product, or were shipped the incorrect product you will need to contact your place of purchase. Alternatively you can purchase the GM tuning option from our online store to gain tuning access. This product also ships with 2 VIN licenses so you will end up with a total of 4 available licenses.

Cheers
Cindy

camaro68
October 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
It was purchased off of the web store from your website. How do I go about returning it for the GM version?

cindy@efilive
October 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
You should have contact details on your order and invoice. Please quote your order number in all communications. In any case, sales at efilive dot com is the address you need.

It's 4.55pm Friday afternoon in NZ, so your query will most likely be answered on Tuesday given Monday is a public holiday.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
October 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM

See screenshot #3+1

( you have good eyes )