PDA

View Full Version : Standalone PCM

camaro68
October 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
What does it take to take a LS ECM and turn it into a standalone PC with factory harness or an after market harness.

ScarabEpic22
October 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Are you asking about EFILive hardware (FlashScan V2) or what in the tune needs to be changed? What ECM/PCM are you thinking about, the same general guidelines apply to most PCM/ECMs but there are some differences.

camaro68
October 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
What has to be changed in the tune to make the engine/transmission work in another vehicle.

ScarabEpic22
October 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Ok, again you're asking 2 questions and only answered part of the ones I posted earlier. What PCM/ECM and what are you trying to do with it? Putting a controller in a different factory vehicle that already uses the same PCM/ECM and running it standalone are VERY different requests.

bimbleuk
October 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Without any more info you simply disable any system you won't be using in the new chassis. Then connect up the earths and power feeds. In my RX7 I'm not using the EVAP, VATS, rear O2 sensors for example.

LS1/T56 + 0411 LS1B PCM

Go to norotors.com and look in the electronics section There are various stickies for wiring a PCM into an RX7. The principles should apply to most vechicles.