PDA

View Full Version : Lbz wont connect or give a status

johnj
October 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Having a weird issue with a friend of mines truck. I have flashed it several times before and have never had any issues with it. He wanted a retune on one of his dsp positions. So last night i went to flash it and now i cant even get the truck to give me a status or connect. You can plus the v2 in before u hook it to the lap top and the leds flash like normal. The only thing that has changed is he put a digital dsp switch in but it only has you cut the wires at the old switch and connect to them so he hasnt been into the ecm connectors or anything like that. What could be going on with this thing??

GMPX
October 27th, 2013, 09:50 AM
A digital DSP switch?
If you have connected something on to the CAN bus it might be causing your issues.

thunder550
October 27th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Yep, I have a BlueFusion add-on bluetooth device that communicates on the CAN bus, I have to disconnect it whenever I want to flash the ECM because it causes communication issues. How does your switch connect? Is it through the ECM pins or something else?

johnj
October 28th, 2013, 12:01 AM
As per the instructions he just cut the wires running from the old switch. Only one wire is actually hooked back to the ecm and the other wire from the ecm goes to a ground. Nothing is hooked to the can bus system at all