PDA

View Full Version : Lost two vins licenses because of antibb problems with cummins

sunnysideauto
October 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I lost two vins this year because of the anti bb on 09 cummins . I had to use an smarty to flash in a diffrent boot loader. But this changes something and efi live does not see it as the same controlers so the controlers license I used is lost. And I have lost two now. Can I get my licenses back please! I just tried attaching my back up file to this thred but it wont work.

GMPX
October 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Well, for a long time now prior to licensing the ECM EFILive warns you if the ECM has the anti-tuning BB and in fact doesn't allow the ECM to be flashed if the anti-tuning BB is in the ECM, so you can't actually use a licence on the 601 BB ECM's.
There is a number of people who have tried the method you used and have not claimed the Smarty ruined the license details so I don't think there is an issue with your concept.
Do you have a before and after .ctz file? The one read from the ECM with the anti-tuning BB and the one now installed by Smarty?

sunnysideauto
October 28th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Well, for a long time now prior to licensing the ECM EFILive warns you if the ECM has the anti-tuning BB and in fact doesn't allow the ECM to be flashed if the anti-tuning BB is in the ECM, so you can't actually use a licence on the 601 BB ECM's.
There is a number of people who have tried the method you used and have not claimed the Smarty ruined the license details so I don't think there is an issue with your concept.
Do you have a before and after .ctz file? The one read from the ECM with the anti-tuning BB and the one now installed by Smarty?
No How do I get the files you are asking for. And Why dont we not have a work around for this like smarty has? And why does it not detect the boot blocker on the factory tune file and present you with a error code then?
I just want my two liceses back. I am fine with the work around I have using a smarty I will know better than to license with the 601bb ECM before using the smarty next time.

sunnysideauto
October 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Let me make this more clear. Before atempting to flash the ecm I knew was not licensed . I licensed it. Then I tried to flash it and found that it had the 601bb then I used smarty then efilive said the controler was not licensed.

cindy@efilive
October 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
John,

I responded to your 2 emails over the weekend with the information you need to provide and how to lodge that information through our Help Desk. I even checked that system yesterday to see if I could offer you further assistance, but you haven't done any of the steps requested.

We are happy to investigate you claims, and will provide a refund where EFILive has incorrectly licensed a controller, however we cannot do that without your assistance.

As per my email on Saturday.....

To obtain a refund for licenses used prior to the software change you must log a call on our help desk http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400 and provide details of the software and firmware version you are using along with the license backup file which will store the relevant information for us to determine that EFILIVE did infact license a non supported ECM and it hasn't been flashed since.

In addition to that Ross has now also requested that you submit the 2 files you read from the vehicle - the one before you flashed and a second read after the Smarty was flashed.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
October 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
No How do I get the files you are asking for.
Well, I assume you read the ECM prior to updating it with the smarty, so there is file #1, and now it has been updated with Smarty you could read it again, there is file #2. We can see if the licensing details got somehow changed by Smarty based on those two files. But like I said, I've not heard of that happening before with Smarty.

And Why dont we not have a work around for this like smarty has?
Its not as simple as you might think and could result in bricking the ECM if done wrong, I can offer no more than we are working on a solution.

And why does it not detect the boot blocker on the factory tune file and present you with a error code then?
Did you even read my reply?
Well, for a long time now prior to licensing the ECM EFILive warns you if the ECM has the anti-tuning BB and in fact doesn't allow the ECM to be flashed if the anti-tuning BB is in the ECM.

I just want my two liceses back. I am fine with the work around I have using a smarty I will know better than to license with the 601bb ECM before using the smarty next time.
EFILive has no issues helping people out with lost licenses, but there is two issues we need to sort out first:
1 - How did you license the ECM for flashing when the software won't actually allow that if the 601 BB is in the ECM?
2 - Wee need proof that the Smarty somehow changed the license details of the ECM, (before and after reads as I stated before).

sunnysideauto
October 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Im sorry I thought this was the help desk.

GMPX
October 28th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well, basic things can be sorted on the forum, but things do tend to get lost, its not monitored as much as the helpdesk.

sunnysideauto
October 29th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I sell a lot of tuning . And you guys Rock ! But how long till we have a fix for this 601bb ECM ? It takes an hour to run the smarty and EFIlive To get the Job done. If EFIlive is aware of this why has it not been fixed. And why does an error report not show the ECM as being a problem to flash and why can it be licensed if it cant be flashed?

GMPX
October 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I like tuna and avocado Sushi, what is your favourite Sushi sunnysideauto?

sunnysideauto
October 29th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Salmon is good with milk and honey and lemon.

sunnysideauto
October 29th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Come on man fix this 601bb problem!

cindy@efilive
October 29th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for lodging your support ticket. I can see it is now resolved.

The fix for the 601 boot loader is the current software will not allow you to flash so you don't lose a license. Development to convert a 601 OS to a 'normal' OS is scheduled for mid next year.

The complexity of the project to prevent ECMs being bricked is high, and we don't want to risk customers trucks, so rather than rush or do a half baked job it will wait until we have the resources to dedicate the task..

Cheers
Cindy

sunnysideauto
October 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks for lodging your support ticket. I can see it is now resolved.

The fix for the 601 boot loader is the current software will not allow you to flash so you don't lose a license. Development to convert a 601 OS to a 'normal' OS is scheduled for mid next year.

The complexity of the project to prevent ECMs being bricked is high, and we don't want to risk customers trucks, so rather than rush or do a half baked job it will wait until we have the resources to dedicate the task..

Cheers
Cindy

So if that's the fix ? How did I loose a two license ?

cindy@efilive
October 29th, 2013, 08:45 AM
So if that's the fix ? How did I loose a two license ?

Lets leave it that you were running outdated software and you have now updated to October 16, 2013.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
October 29th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Salmon is good with milk and honey and lemon.
The sushi comment was only because I wasn't sure you were actually reading my previous responses to which your repetitive questions got answered twice, your Emails to EFILive also gave you the same responses so what is that, four times you have been told about the lost licenses and the 601 BB...

Come on man fix this 601bb problem!
:doh: