PDA

View Full Version : Multi Vehicle Scanning with EFI Live Commercial?

Jphdg
April 8th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I am aware that to tune vehicles using the commercial edition of EFI Live the limit is 2 PCM's, unless additional licenses are purchased.

I am interested in only adjusting my own PCM but would like to scan a few other cars to log and compare data.

Is the scanning function unlimited in how many PCM's you can connect to and log. I did not find any information related to this question and was hesitating connecting to another PCM until I was sure the scan tool is not affected by the 2 PCM limit.

Thanks, John.

joecar
April 8th, 2006, 08:34 PM
You can scan any GM OBDII vehicle without using any PCM licenses.

Jphdg
April 8th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Great! good to confirm that first before going out and logging a few vehicles. ;)

That should make it all the more worth the investment and help me learn a lot more about different car PCM values a little quicker. There is a stock CV8 monaro I am interested to log data as well as another friend who has a mild cammed car so I got a few things to compare to mine. He is having an odd transmission pressure related issue where it goes to max pressure and we want to try to capture it with the tool, not just try and guess why it is doing it.

GMPX
April 8th, 2006, 10:18 PM
You can also read as many PCM's as you wish (assuming we support it) without using a license.

Cheers,
Ross

Jphdg
April 9th, 2006, 08:55 PM
You can also read as many PCM's as you wish (assuming we support it) without using a license.

Cheers,
Ross

Sounds good Ross, thanks.. now just need a little time to start doing some good logging and keep learning what is going on. :cheers:

eugene1e®
April 27th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Thinking of ordering one of these but was wondeing if the scantool only does gm and also I was told this would doeverything the tech 2 would do and more is this correct

GMPX
April 27th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I guess comparing to TechII is does not do everything TechII does, but then, it does things TechII cannot do!. I guess if you are familiar with TechII then ask some specifics and I'll let you know.

It currently only logs GM, though our new V2 hardware which is due soon will scan CAN based vehicles.

Cheers,
Ross