PDA

View Full Version : IAT mystery

frdstang93
October 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

A buddy of mine recently acquired a car from Texas that made roughly 800 hp on a 6.0 based setup and a big shot of nitrous, I was able to upload the tune from the pcm but we have no idea what it was tuned with. The car has no O2's, no maf and the tune is failing the maf so its obviously some sort of SD tune but the baffling part is the car runs terrible when the IAT is plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ill attach the tune currently on the car.16031

Thanks,
Josh

5.7ute
October 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Log the IAT with the sensor plugged in & let us know what the value is. If the sensor is shorted it would read -32 deg C. While open with out the sensor plugged in it would read max value. If the car was tuned mafless without the IAT sensor, I would be looking for a different tuner.

TFZ_Z06
October 28th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I looked at the tune and it doesn't seem that bad the way setup. I have a similar setup.
since he used nitrous, a lot of guys put resistors in to simulate spark reduction. Try logging the vehicle, even engine off and see data the IAT returns.
could be a bad IAT also.

frdstang93
October 29th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Log the IAT with the sensor plugged in & let us know what the value is. If the sensor is shorted it would read -32 deg C. While open with out the sensor plugged in it would read max value. If the car was tuned mafless without the IAT sensor, I would be looking for a different tuner.

I looked at the tune and it doesn't seem that bad the way setup. I have a similar setup.
since he used nitrous, a lot of guys put resistors in to simulate spark reduction. Try logging the vehicle, even engine off and see data the IAT returns.
could be a bad IAT also.

I forgot to mention we did log with the iat unplugged and it read -32c and tried two different sensors plugged in and they both worked properly as far as showing ambient temps.

frdstang93
October 30th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Anyone else have anything they could add?

TFZ_Z06
October 30th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Anyone else have anything they could add?

Sounds like a retune is in order. I would not want to start with some else's f ups.
Maybe get a fresh file and press on
Maybe some IAT/ect blending issues??

frdstang93
October 30th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Sounds like a retune is in order. I would not want to start with some else's f ups.
Maybe get a fresh file and press on
Maybe some IAT/ect blending issues??

Agreed, thanks for the input