PDA

View Full Version : Way too soft 1-2 wot shifts

ZAPPA
October 31st, 2013, 01:03 AM
Guys, I have a stock 4l80 running off the 4l60 tune,oh and ls1. My 1-2 wot shifts are shocking. So soft I'm scared of doing some damage. I pasted all the 4l80 tables over as far as shift speeds, downshifts etc and basically changed the normal to performance numbers(I haven't got the switch). I've tried adjusting times and torque red as per what is on here but it's shocking, the rest of the shifts are ok, the tc is doing what it's spose to.
I even did all the changes that hell night kicks had rec on the truck site which made the tranny absolutely shocking. Am I stuffing up by getting it to run like the 4l80 and should I put the 60 tables and shifts back in?
On another note, the conversion was into a Aussie nissan and my speed sensor is before the transfer, I was worried that I'd have to wire in a 4 low circuit but it seems to shift up and down fine in low.
Cheers in advance
Karl

ZAPPA
October 31st, 2013, 02:04 AM
Just went thru and checked my tables, I had done all the shift times apart from1-2! Derr
Bit better now. It's just firm at wot. Not harsh like my turbo400! The convertor and box were fro a 6.5td 98 suburban. I wasn't sure how the diesel stall would go but from a standstill will flash to 2000rpm, and feels ok. It's changing at around 5200 which will be enough I think, stock motor

joecar
October 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hi Karl,

Post tune file, and log file showing these pids: RPM, VSS, TP, MAP, ECT, TFT, GEAR, SHIFTLAST, SHIFTDELAY, TCCMODE, TCCDC, TFMPRS, TRQENG.

ZAPPA
October 31st, 2013, 11:23 PM
I'll do a log tom, they aren't to bad. Not flaring anyway.
It really needs a tune. I have been playing with cars for ages, have an lm2 which I use to tune the solid 400 chev in my toy but the terminology you guys use is a lot to take in! I could hook the lm2 to efilive and use it but don't really want to weld another bung in my new headers, and they are a pain to get out! I found a loose/broken wire under one of the coil cradles which I changed out with another I had, haven't tried to run it back in closed loop yet. I'll do that Sunday and see how it goes

ZAPPA
November 1st, 2013, 12:01 AM
Here is my tune, I was having dramas with it running in closed loop. Think ive sorted it, had a faulty wire in coil cradle assembly that was wreaking havoc with the 02, haven't tried it back in closed loop yet, if your wondering why its in open. The shifts don't feel too bad. Id like them a lil firmer if you could give me some pointers
Cheers
Karl