PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing. High idle till till stopped

Behold
October 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
I'm struggling to identify why when u clutch in I seem to idle at 1600rpm. Then one I'm 100% stopes with in 2 second (same time every time) it drops to 900. It's bugging me.

I have backed of the follower and nothing. Maybe could try turning it off. It's the same warm and cold.

Is there a table I'm missing.

Thanks.

darcy
October 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM
It could be Throttle Cracker.

If you log IAC_TC_DMA & IAC_TF_DMA you'll be able to see what it is that's adding air.

Behold
October 31st, 2013, 07:12 PM
It could be Throttle Cracker.

If you log IAC_TC_DMA & IAC_TF_DMA you'll be able to see what it is that's adding air.

Thanks I'll log them. I have backed of the cracker too but let's see what its really doing.

Behold
October 31st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Right I have logged this. and Both are at 0 g/s when it still revving high.

Bit of background. I have relocated my coils, replaced my Valley Plate to change my PCV setup to inside the block and had new intake manifold gaskets and its since this that I have had my issue. I have changed nothing. I have reset the Throttle cable tension but I would not expect the EXACT 2 second delay then idle drop every time.

I'm stumped....

darcy
October 31st, 2013, 08:48 PM
Rolling idle? If you can post your tune there's a better chance of someone spotting what might be the culprit :-)

Behold
November 1st, 2013, 02:11 AM
Rolling idle? If you can post your tune there's a better chance of someone spotting what might be the culprit :-)

Note this is an Auto VE tune setting so not LTFT.

5.7ute
November 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
I had a similar issue with mine, where rpm would hang when coming to a stop. Even though no additional airflow was being logged from the throttle cracker parameters, changing the decay rates & cracker values was the fix. I would zero the cracker table & go for a quick test drive.

Behold
November 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hmmm zeroed out and still an issue.

Could I have an air/vacuum leak???? Although I'm holding good boost. Is there another table need looking at???

5.7ute
November 3rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Logging IAC steps should give you some insight. If they are lower than before the mods you will have an airleak. By logging the IAC steps you will also see if the IAC is causing the hang by the values not dropping until the 2 second delay.
I have brought my PC in so I can have a look at the tune file later today.

Behold
November 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the help. I found the air leak about an hour or two ago . A pipe had not been connected on the PCV system. Back in and the car is back to normal. Now I think I have a follower issue as the hesitation on light throttle I had before the change is back now the air leak is fixed. So it proves the extra air removed the joltiness.

joecar
November 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Cool :cheers: I like when airleaks are found and fixed.

Behold
November 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
I like it when any fix is found!!!! Then I can get on to break in it again.

joecar
November 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
lol.