PDA

View Full Version : BBL & Unsupported PIDS

Cougar281
November 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I've started to try to build a PSL to log data from my CTS's E69 & T43, and So far I've been told by the v2 that RPM and FRP_C are unsupported PIDS... Wasn't the v2 set up some time back so that if there were unsupported PIDS, it would ignore them and allow you to continue, while obviously not recording any data on the unsupported PIDs? If so, what happened to that? It's really annoying to keep being told that PID 'x' is unsupported, going back to the computer to remove it, only to be told told that NOW PID 'Y' is unsupported and so on...

joecar
November 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Which V2 firmware version do you have installed...?

Cougar281
November 5th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Don't have the v2 right in front of me at this second, but it's the version that comes with v8.2.2.236.

joecar
November 5th, 2013, 04:21 AM
RPM: did check that the RPM pid is from the ECM and not the TCM.

FRP_C: this is not a gasoline engine pid.

Cougar281
November 5th, 2013, 04:26 AM
It was the ECM PID.

FRP_C not being a gasoline PID is all well and good, but why is it in the list for the E69 if it's not a Gasoline PID? Is the E69 used in diesels too? And it doesn't address the root question: What happened to the v2 ignoring the unsupported PIDs and continuing to log everything but the unsupported PIDs?

joecar
November 5th, 2013, 04:34 AM
You will have to go to here and log a support request: kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400 (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400)

joecar
November 5th, 2013, 04:35 AM
So you're saying it won't let you log...

and you're saying that V2 firmware is supposed to allow you to log anyway

I'm able to log even tho some pids are not supported...on the V2 LCD display, during logging it indicates "invalid" next to the pids that are not supported.

Cougar281
November 29th, 2013, 04:11 AM
To follow up, yes Joe, When I try to log the E69 with the V2, when it finds an unsupported PID, it says something to the tune of 'PID 'X' is unsupported. Please deselect it' and then when I press 'OK' it dumps me back to the 'Select PIDS', 'View Data', 'Record Data' page, rather than continuing on and scanning what it can. I seem to recall being able to continue past invalid PIDs and being able to log anyway in the past...

With regards to the PIDs - first it was FRP_C, which you indicated wasn't a gasoline PID, but wouldn't that be present on a DI motor? Then was 'FUELREM', which you would think it could get, then INJPW1 (and I would assume 2-6 as well, and somehow I HIGHLY doubt the ECM doesn't have INJPW PIDs), and then 'KR'. After removing pretty much everything of use, I'm suspecting that the V2 may be useless for scanning data from the E69 and I'll have to break out my Tech2 any time I want to look at something on my CTS.

joecar
November 29th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Ok, I see...

Cougar281
December 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Very strange.... So I discovered through trial and error that I can log my CTS's E69 by specifying an E39 ECM. I can't get ALL the data that I can with the Tech2, but I can get enough to be useful. But what I found is it seems like some PIDs prevent you from continuing past the invalid message and logging anyway, while others don't. Using the same controller, one of the Knock Retard PIDs, I believe it was 'KRCYL', would not let me continue past. But once I removed that, a few other PIDs, including the T43's 'AWDDC', were unsupported, but DID allow me to log anyway.

Boost
December 2nd, 2013, 11:09 PM
It gets funky logging things on a controller which isn't directly supported. I had a similar situation with my old Saturn. Thankfully the V8 and new CTS's log just fine... ;)