PDA

View Full Version : E39A Trouble Logging - must resolve Please Help

Boost
November 5th, 2013, 07:20 AM
My project has come to a complete halt until I can figure this out. I promise to ask slow and listen fast (meaning I research and think it through) but I must solve this issue before I can make any more progress.

Basically on my E39A, I can tune but not log - and on the T76 I can log but not tune. Kind of really sucks.
I know the first though is I am doing something wrong so that's why I have tried repeatedly to follow the instructions and advice and I really think something is wrong.

As I understand, the E39A can only be BBL's (Black Box Logging). This is not only the preferable method but also it does not even show up as an option in the old style Scan Tool selection. I have the absolute latest available of all sofware / firmware / etc. and a brand new 8G SD card formatted and configured.

The beginning of the trouble is that during BBx setup, the available relevant PIDs do not appear at all for the E39A to select from. They appear for all other controllers just fine.

GMPX
November 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Logging an E39A in V7.5 should work fine, I assume you are connecting as an E39?
The E39 & E39A difference is more to do with the reflash procedures, not logging.

Boost
November 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Logging an E39A in V7.5 should work fine, I assume you are connecting as an E39?
The E39 & E39A difference is more to do with the reflash procedures, not logging.

I am connecting as an E39 because that is the only thing that works. The E39A is also selectable but nothing pops up (PIDs). With the E39 I have ECM PIDs to choose from but they do not work well and I always thought it's because I am not selecting it correct as an E39A.

GMPX
November 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM
The ECM type is 'sort of' irrelevant with the E39 or E39A.
So when you say "they do not work well", you might need to be a little more specific on that.

Boost
November 5th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Aren't we BBlogging the ATS & Regal GS successfully as an E39A? Or is everything new being logged as an E39?

Also, there is still no support for my T76. I was bummed because there are so many T76 controllers already supported. I really need access to mine. So I was doing some research to see if I could somehow swap to something that is supported, and my technician friend says my transmission controller is a K71. What the hell is a K71?

Car is a 2013 Buick Verano T 6 speed automatic LHU engine.

Boost
November 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
The ECM type is 'sort of' irrelevant with the E39 or E39A.
So when you say "they do not work well", you might need to be a little more specific on that.

Ok I totally understand. I will most definitely sumbit lots of detailed info later tonight. Still at work but I can tell you that I have tried repeatedly for months and sort of gave up, T76 logs great but has very limited info that is relevant to engine tuning, E39A does not select PIDs, and E39 lets you select PIDs but they do not work properly - I will explain later. For instance I logged on the way to work and it was showing elapsed time but all the other parameters were frozen at 0 and it did not save or ask me to save when I stopped. And I've had other problems logging as an E39 also. I really thought it was because it is an E39A. I am glad you say it can be done as an E39, so I take it that's what I should use from now on for this.

Boost
November 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM

It works good with V7.5. The whole issue was that I was selecting too many PIDs (packets / channels) and it was causing V7 to read 0 and not work on all the PIDs. I was selecting over 30, and 24-25 seem to work ok.

I know that with V8 BBL we can select many more parameters and still get great resolution or sampling rate or whatever you call it. I was spoiled on that.

Also, I kind of felt low tech and old fashioned using V7 Scan tool for this brand new car and was really insisting on BBL. But I have all the data I need now and can get back to adjusting this thing. Thank you Ross!!!

Here is my log:

Boost
November 6th, 2013, 11:35 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22457-Torque-South-s-black-2013-BUICK-TURBO-project&p=199632#post199632

Right back on track with very satisfying results! Thanks again!

My15sv6ute
February 3rd, 2015, 02:45 AM
I've been having trouble trying to log my 2015 holden vf sv6 ute.
It's has a 3.6l Gm lfx and E39A ecm, which I had the exact same trouble with the autocal having no selectable pids listed in bbl enabled controllers.
Was able to log with v7.5 but only few pids were compatible and no wideband afr.