PDA

View Full Version : My pcm won't flash a cos.

Daws222ooo
November 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
The issue I'm having here is I can't flash a cos on my pcm, I can change the tune but just can't flash a cos. What I have is a 97 corvette that has been repined to the newer style pcm. The pcm opperating system now is,12212156 and I'm trying to put cos 02020003 in. It says cannot create file "c:\program files(x86)\efilive\v7.5\configuration\pcmlocks.ini".access is denied. Also it says unknown reply from boot loader sfe. Reflash failed. The weird part is I can change the regular tune. Do I have to do the vats first or could it because my vins don't match. The opperating system was out of a 2002 camaro would that hinder the flash? I'm lost. Any help would be awesome. Thanks, Eric

joecar
November 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM
It seems to me that EFILive tunetool tries to create that file (PCMlocks.ini) but it does not have permission to due to either or both of the following:
- the folder does not allow write permission within it,
- EFILive tunetool is being run without sufficient privileges.

( basically, Win Vista/7/8 makes things convoluted )

so you have to do this:
- log on as user Admin,
- check the permissions allowed on the folders in the path of the Configuration folder,
- make sure user Admin has permission to write in any of the folders mentioned in that path;
- set the V7 tunetool to run as user Admin;

( I don't have Win Vista/7/8 so I can't test it out )

from post #10 here: LS1-Full-Flash-question (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23358-LS1-Full-Flash-question)

Daws222ooo
November 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks Joe for the fast response. I think I may have found out the problem, I have a v2 flashscan and tune commercial programmer. I was under the impression I could tune all GM pcm. Streaming says activated, so does 97-98, but not 99+. So does this mean I need to pay another 450 to activate 99 and up pcm's? Could this be my issue, I wonder why I could change things in the tune if that were the case. Again thanks for your help.

joecar
November 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM
No... V2 is already able to do full flash (which is what is needed for flashing in a COS).

"Commercial" license is a V1 thing... V2 already has "Commercial" license equivalent builtin (i.e. you can do full flash).

joecar
November 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
You may need to update the software/firmware and configure your V2...

see post #1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

Daws222ooo
November 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks for your help. I just updated my software and firmware, which apparently last time I did it it didn't save. So that's a step in the right direction. As far as going in to to check the settings for permission, I went to program files, efi live, 7.5, config, and there is no file name of pcmlocks ini. I'm not sure how to set tune tool to run as user admin. Sorry for all the questions. I switched over from hp tuners to efi live bigger learning curve for sure. I wil try to flash it tomorrow and see if the newer version worked.

joecar
November 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
pcmlocks.ini won't be created until you get the Windows user and folder permissions sorted out...

You have to do this:
- log on as user Admin,
- check the permissions allowed on each of the folders in the path of the Configuration folder,
- make sure user Admin has permission to write in any of the folders mentioned in that path;
- set the V7 tunetool to run as user Admin;

joecar
November 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Did you read this:

see post #1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)

69camaro5speed
November 26th, 2013, 05:45 PM
same problem ecm will not do a co3 2003 ecm i get a reflash failed after the flash

joecar
November 26th, 2013, 11:09 PM
same problem ecm will not do a co3 2003 ecm i get a reflash failed after the flashWhat are you flashing from (V7, V8, V2)...?

Post screenshots showing how/what you're doing.

Post the V7 log text.

What is your exact error message...?

What V7 and V8 software build versions...?

What V2 firmware version...?

Did you configure V2 BBx...?

69camaro5speed
November 28th, 2013, 03:39 PM
flashing with v2 using 7.5 build 245, firmware 2.07.52 ,no i haven't configured my v2 bbx its a mess
The err was like reflash failed ,It seem to go though it was co 03190003, so I did the tune flash and the read fixed all the out of range tables
reflashed (witch said was complete and was fine) it.The problem was maf took for ever to falt so it wouldn't start untill 15 trys (i took it off just had the temp sensor on).

so i am thinking that reflash fail was real but in my mind i was thinking sure seem to take

so its running but i must have the old co 03 with out cold start tables working it goes in to closed loop with 1.25 in the tables

looking for the revised co3 for 03190003 the link i found wasnt working any ideas ?

joecar
November 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
You have to fix your BBX config... when you updated the firmware, the newer firmware expects the newer BBx config files (e.g. *.pmm *.obj).

So the flash succeeded...?

You have to see an immediate MAF DTC... set P0101,2,3 to 1-Trip in C6001, set C2901,3 to 1.

Where did you find the link for 03190003...? An empty 03190003 COS tune file is included with your V7 software install... after you full flash in 03190003 you have to cal flash from the OEM tube file, is this what you did...?

69camaro5speed
December 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
well i could never figure out how to get my bbx config fixed until now, thanks for helping with that,the flash was going though i just didn't remember seeing the fail flash maybe it will not show that with the bbx and v2 reset ,I have done probly 100 co5 all work fine. the not wanting to trip p0101 right away was b0120 set to 400 from the org tune maf only (wasn't my set up ) looks like
the link was http://efidownload.iqd.co.nz/software/Custom_OS3_2003-2005_Update.zip, this is what i get 404 - File or directory not found.

I been trying to get it working seems to stay in stft even when my command afr are like 12.8