PDA

View Full Version : LB7 ECM license problem?

puddlestomper
November 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I finally got my ECM back from PCM Calibrators after 5 months of back and forth with them. I was hoping to put it in and go. The OS is different than what I need and it is in a crank-no start cycle now. I tried to re-flash to a different OS, but that option is grayed out. Does this mean something was changed inside that makes my ECM no longer connected to my license? Am I going to have to buy another license? I have already spent $400 on this $65 unlock, and its really going to tick me off if I have spend $125 more on it. If I had a hammer I'd beat this thing into a worthless lump of aluminum!!! Oh, it already is! :ranting:

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 10th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Try the "ALT KEYS"

Blacky
November 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I finally got my ECM back from PCM Calibrators after 5 months of back and forth with them. I was hoping to put it in and go. The OS is different than what I need and it is in a crank-no start cycle now. I tried to re-flash to a different OS, but that option is grayed out. Does this mean something was changed inside that makes my ECM no longer connected to my license? Am I going to have to buy another license? I have already spent $400 on this $65 unlock, and its really going to tick me off if I have spend $125 more on it. If I had a hammer I'd beat this thing into a worthless lump of aluminum!!! Oh, it already is! :ranting:

If the full-flash option is greyed out in the V7 software then the software is not registered correctly. Make sure you've entered your registration details for the V7.5 software correctly - or make sure your V2 is connected before starting the V7.5 tuning tool software.
Or just use the V8 software to cal-flash or full-flash your LB7.

And make sure you have the latest software and firmware available from our downloads page here:
http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Regards
Paul