PDA

View Full Version : anti tuning bb

House
November 13th, 2013, 05:24 AM
I have had two truck these week no flash and say ant tuning bb on them.. Are these locked ecms? 7.5 said ok to flash, did not think to check v8 till now and says not to flash.
Any insight I would appreciate it!
here is the files

Wheelz
November 13th, 2013, 05:44 AM
You can only tune cummins ECM's with v8. That is a custom Smarty boot loader that prevents EFI from loading properly. I believe you need a fresh factory flash

House
November 13th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I flash in v8, make tune in 7.5 both trucks have never had a tuner on them according to the owners.

House
November 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Even took a good file from tune depot and changed vin# and still gets the anti tuning bb

2007 5.9
November 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Did you read the stock file from the ECM first?

House
November 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM
THE STOCK files are what is shown, the reads from the ecms

House
November 13th, 2013, 09:30 AM
here is the other tune I tried to load from a tune file depot stock OS file. That showed anti tuning bb when trying to full flash v8

2007 5.9
November 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
If you show a Anti-Tuning bootloader on the stock files...NO tune will work until the bootloader is removed, which EFI doesn't do.

Best case is load the stock tune back in.

I'll look at the files when I get to my computer to confirm bootloader, but I suspect your saying that you knew the bootloader was enabled.

House
November 13th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I did not know it was enabled till after licensed and tried to flash it

What is the best way to have it removed?

GMPX
November 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I did not know it was enabled till after licensed and tried to flash it
This is not possible unless your software is old, since the start of this year it has not been possible to license an anti-tuning BB ECM.

2007 5.9
November 13th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Damn it Ross...I had a entire response carefully written to explain what you just did in a simple sentence!!!!

House
November 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Nov7th update here

comnrailpwr
November 13th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I ran into one today that would not even take the h&s original xrt to kill the anti tuning bootloader. The ecm was recently replaced by the dealer. I thinks its due to the outdated xrt I use to bypass the bootloader. Time to shop for an xrt pro. With your busy schedule, Have you attempted to resolve this issue yet Ross?

2007 5.9
November 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I just opened up both of the files posted in your opening post...and both show DO NOT FLASH in the Boot Loader section of the Calibration folder in V8.

When you read the files from the ECM you would have been taken to this very screen to save the files...and you should have clearly seen this warning.
Thats why Ross/Paul put it there.

The only way to recover the ECM back to working order is to flash the stock file back in.

GMPX
November 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Nov7th update here

I just opened up both of the files posted in your opening post...and both show DO NOT FLASH in the Boot Loader section of the Calibration folder in V8.

Given that you do have an update later than Jan 2013 you should not have been able to reflash the ECM. As well as the DO NOT FLASH warning, the reflash script will not allow the flash to proceed to the point of licensing if that BB is detected.

Have you attempted to resolve this issue yet Ross?
Of course, but it's not a simple 'flick of the switch' to disable it, think about it, Cummins went to all the trouble to implement this so there isn't any back door around it, there is a trick but it's not simple and that is why we haven't implemented it yet. I have been looking for a simpler solution that does not involve needing to reflash the ECM bootblock.