PDA

View Full Version : Preventing un authorized update.

Stangpwr71
November 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM
As the title says is there any way to password lock the update function?

With the new restrictions coming i have decided its in my best interest not to update my device or software.

That and i see it has a auto update function. I just want to make sure i dont get drunk and screw up or loan it to a buddy and they screw it up.

cindy@efilive
November 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
What restrictions are you referring about? I suggest you go and re-read the first post in that thread.

Cheers
Cindy

Stangpwr71
November 14th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I understand There is currently no restrictions in place. but that this may be one of the last updates according to the info GPMX posted.

I am just wanting to make sure i dont accidently update my software or device with it functioning fully now.

Ron

KhakiCummins
November 14th, 2013, 07:04 AM
How I read the updated post is it says this will be the the last update this year and that you are responsible for ensuring that you tunes are compliant with your local laws. I don't see that they say anything about this being the last release before the restrictions are added. Maybe I miss interpreted what was posted though.

cindy@efilive
November 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I've copied the updated post below.

Cheers
Cindy

Due to time constraints, the November 7th, 2013 software release will be the final public software release for Customers in 2013. EFILive expects additional pre-release software for LML mapping and E20 Non USA Diesel Cruze tuning support to be released before the end of the 2013.

Specifically, EFILive will not be implementing any software restrictions in 2013. Customers and Tuners should familiarize themselves with their local laws and restrictions as per http://www.efilive.com/legal. EFILive shall provide further customer updates as they become available in 2014.
Kind regards

Stangpwr71
November 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Thank-you, I will admit i actually did not originally click on and read the link.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Ron