PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Nov 07 2013 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
November 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the November 07, 2013 release of the EFILive V7.5, V8 software and the V2.07.52 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
The "Created By" and "Modified By" fields in the V8 [F2: Tune]->[F4: Properties]->[File/Author Information] page are "read-only" which means data cannot be entered into them.
Also the "Modified" date field is not being loaded correctly from the file and always shows as Jan 01, 2000. The date is updated and stored correctly in the file, and once the fault is fixed the date will display correctly in all existing files.
Workaround:
You can populate those fields using the name entered into the Properties->General->User Info settings. Whenever you modify and save the file the "Modified By" field is updated with that name, whenever you read a controller and save the file for the first time, the "Created By" field is updated with that name.
Issue 2:
The V8 software does not recognize corrupt serial numbers from LB7 (E54) or LLY (E60) controllers in the same way that the V7 software does. That means EFILive V8 may prevent flashing of controllers with corrupt serial numbers (because it thinks they are not licensed correctly) even though the corrupt serial number is licensed to the FlashScan or AutoCal device.
Workaround:
Use the V7 software to flash controllers with corrupt serial numbers.
Issue 3:
The V8 software fails with an access violation when attempting to change the VIN embedded in a *.ctz file.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in the next update.
Issue 4:
Clicking in the chart area in the V8 Scan Tool software does not give focus to the charts if the "Ctrl+F2 mouse disable" option is active.
Workaround:
Press "Ctrl+F2" again to re-enable the mouse prior to clicking in the chart area. Issue 5:
Paste and Multiply option in the V7 Tuning Tool software incorrectly modifies target cells for which the matching source cells are empty when the weighting value is other than 100%. The target cells should always be left untouched when the source cells are empty.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in next update. Issue 6:
Error number $0525 is being incorrectly reported as error number $0528. Any time the software or firmware reports error $0528, it actually means error $0525
Error numbers and their descriptions may be looked up in the document: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->EFILive Error Codes.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in next update. Issue 7:
The V8 software fails with an access violation when deleting the last "BBL Enabled Controller" entry.
Workaround:
Always leave at least one entry in the "BBL Enabled Controllers" list. Will be fixed in the next update.

Please only use this thread to discuss existing issues that are posted above. This thread is not for posting or discussing new problems with this release of the EFILive software. If you have a problem that is not listed here, please create a support ticket as described here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 20th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Known issues (1 thru 4) have been fixed in this update:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23483-Update-Nov-21-2013&p=200084#post200084

Regards
Paul

5.7ute
February 1st, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have had a look through the forum & could not find this issue listed, but I do apologise if this has been noted before.
When paste & multiplying by custom% with labels in the boost VE table, empty cells are reduced by the custom %. So if the custom percent is set to 90%, all the blank cells are reduced by a factor of 0.90. Being my first boosted tune, this caught me out last weekend, but luckily I had allowed enough enrichment to prevent any damage.

Blacky
February 2nd, 2014, 07:28 AM
Investigating...
Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM
The Paste and multiply option will treat empty cells in the data being pasted as if they contained the value "1.0". While that works ok when you are "pasting and multiplying" with a weight of 100% it does not work for weighting values other than 100%.

For example if the existing cell value is "32.0" and an empty cells is "pasted and multiplied" over the top the following values will be computed and placed in that cell, overwriting the original "32.0":

If the cell being pasted contains 1.0 and the weight is 100% then: cell = cell*1.0*weight/100 = 32.0*1.0*100/100 = 32.0 - so no change in the cell value as would be expected when multiplying a cell with the value 1.0.
If the cell being pasted is empty it defaults to 1.0 and the example above is computed - so again, no change in the cell value as would be expected when pasting an empty cell.
If the cell being pasted is empty it defaults to 1.0, but now assume the weight is 50%: cell = cell*1.0*weight/100 = 32.0*1.0*50/100 = 16.0 - which is not what would be expected.

I will change the paste and multiply options to skip empty cells.

Regards
Paul

5.7ute
February 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
The Paste and multiply option will treat empty cells in the data being pasted as if they contained the value "1.0". While that works ok when you are "pasting and multiplying" with a weight of 100% it does not work for weighting values other than 100%.

For example if the existing cell value is "32.0" and an empty cells is "pasted and multiplied" over the top the following values will be computed and placed in that cell, overwriting the original "32.0":

If the cell being pasted contains 1.0 and the weight is 100% then: cell = cell*1.0*weight/100 = 32.0*1.0*100/100 = 32.0 - so no change in the cell value as would be expected when multiplying a cell with the value 1.0.
If the cell being pasted is empty it defaults to 1.0 and the example above is computed - so again, no change in the cell value as would be expected when pasting an empty cell.
If the cell being pasted is empty it defaults to 1.0, but now assume the weight is 50%: cell = cell*1.0*weight/100 = 32.0*1.0*50/100 = 16.0 - which is not what would be expected.

I will change the paste and multiply options to skip empty cells.

Regards
Paul

Yeah, I figured that was what was going on. I don't recall it doing that in the normal VE table though, only the boost VE table.

catman3126
February 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I can't lock CSP or DSP5 tunes but if I open a single setting tune it shows the operating system patch to apply?

GMPX
February 25th, 2014, 09:08 AM
CSP5 & DSP5 tunes are automatically locked as part of the upgrade process, from the CSP5 upgrade manual.....

Please Note: CSP5 tunes cannot be read out of the ECM once flashed in.

Cheers,
Ross

catman3126
February 25th, 2014, 09:14 AM
CSP5 & DSP5 tunes are automatically locked as part of the upgrade process, from the CSP5 upgrade manual.....

Please Note: CSP5 tunes cannot be read out of the ECM once flashed in.

Cheers,
Ross

Oh no kidding didn't know that. Thanks

catman3126
February 25th, 2014, 09:15 AM
So one other question if Iam emailing someone a tune to flash in with their own efi v2 is there a way to keep them from seeing the tune? Do I use the "save for remote flashing" function or is that only for Autocals?

GMPX
February 25th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Please start a new thread for additional questions not relating to 'Known issues with Nov 07 2013 release', thanks.

jjtj2k
March 16th, 2014, 02:27 AM
I don't know if im replying to the right spot,i just received my autocal & my computers will not talk to it or vice versa. automatic update is on, & I am very frustrated with this tool. any help would greatly be appreciated. thank you! Jim.

cindy@efilive
March 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Hi Jim,

There are currently 2 versions of software available - the Nov 7 public release, and the Nov 21 pre-release,links for both can be found here. http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

The software and firmware you need to run on your AutoCal needs to mirror the software and firmware your tuner is running on the FlashScan V2 that is writing the tunes for your AutoCal. You will need to contact your tuner to confirm which you need to install, and how their tuning services require you to interact with our tool. Tuner setup and requirements vary between tuners.

Cheers
Cindy

DrkPhx
June 14th, 2014, 04:34 AM
I don't know where to put this, so here it goes. I recently updated to build 245 and lost the runway highlighting for E67 MAF. Also, the link for all of the spark tables show E38.APCYL instead of E67. It does correctly highlight the rows (rpms) but the actual values logged in the scan tool are not aligning to the same cell in the tune tool. I tried to edit the cal link located in the Config files multiple times with no changes. Is there another file I have to edit? Any help is appreciated.

On a similar note, it's really frustrating that I have to change these type of files (including bbx files, calc pids) every time I update which is why I hate updating this software. The support is always great here; but it seems each update causes more problems than it fixes. Sorry for the rant; just frustrated here.

Blacky
June 14th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I don't know where to put this, so here it goes. I recently updated to build 245 and lost the runway highlighting for E67 MAF. Also, the link for all of the spark tables show E38.APCYL instead of E67. It does correctly highlight the rows (rpms) but the actual values logged in the scan tool are not aligning to the same cell in the tune tool. I tried to edit the cal link located in the Config files multiple times with no changes. Is there another file I have to edit? Any help is appreciated.

On a similar note, it's really frustrating that I have to change these type of files (including bbx files, calc pids) every time I update which is why I hate updating this software. The support is always great here; but it seems each update causes more problems than it fixes. Sorry for the rant; just frustrated here.

The cal_link.ini file has been replaced by multiple XXX_Link.ini files, where the XXX is the controller name. So you'll need to modify the E67_Link.ini files instead.
That update was noted in the release notes in August 2013 here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/software-release-aug-24-2013/

The units that are displayed in the Scan Tool on the [F9: Data] page must match the units that are used for the table's axis in the Tune Tool. You can change the units that the Scan Tool sends/link to the Tune Tool by right-clicking on the PID in the [F8: PIDs] tab page and selecting Metric or Imperial. Note: the units that the PID is displayed on the charts has no influence on Tune Tool linking.

We understand the frustration of updates that cause changes in the way the software operates. We make every effort to prevent that, but sometimes it is not realistic to maintain 100% backward compatibility. If we did, the software would bloat enormously. As future versions of the software are released, there will be less and less disruption during upgrades.

Also, a newer version is available here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?24253-Update-Jun-13-2014. This version has been in testing for around 4 months and is a straight-forward update from the Nov 2013 version.

Regards
Paul

DrkPhx
June 14th, 2014, 09:53 AM
As always thanks Paul. Reading is fundamental as they say. :) That worked fine and in fact I like it better now that can you can edit a specific controller. Cheers.