PDA

View Full Version : Is this PCM blank? E40

limited cv8r
November 15th, 2013, 02:25 AM
2005 HSV Clubsport, original PCM had P0601 and was swapped out by mechanic. New PCM was fitted and was told it was blank. Does this need Tech2 or can it be flashed with efilive? Have attached a screenshot of calibration/get info from V7 and also original PCM info

GMPX
November 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
If it is brand new it needs a TechII on it to program the secondary CPU in there, only TIS can do it.

limited cv8r
November 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Ok,got a 2 day subscrition to TIS, tried to program with TechII, it will let me go all the way through the sequence then right at the end will give me an error "E2701: No Authorisation To ProgramThe Selected Software". Anybody have any idea why it does this, or is this maybe because it is HSV?
Also I could read the old PCM with EFILive, is this maybe recoverable?

GMPX
November 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Ah sorry, I should have mentioned, "Except HSV", I think even Holden dealers need to send the ECM in to Clayton with a bunch of flowers and heart shaped chocolates to have it programmed, it is a joke really.

limited cv8r
November 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Can the old ecm maybe be recovered or does P0601 usually mean it's toast?
Definately a joke, big waste of my time and money, after all its only a commodore with more plastic :(

limited cv8r
November 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Contacted HSV today, and yes the ECM has to be sent to them :(

GMPX
November 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Contacted HSV today, and yes the ECM has to be sent to them :(

Definately a joke, big waste of my time and money
That sums it up well.

limited cv8r
November 30th, 2013, 02:30 AM
This is the tune I recovered from the P0601 ECM. A new ECM has been fitted the the car "after being to HSV" :( , is this tune safe to flash back into new ECM? I dont wont to fry this one.

dgp
May 9th, 2015, 10:31 AM
This is the tune I recovered from the P0601 ECM. A new ECM has been fitted the the car "after being to HSV" :( , is this tune safe to flash back into new ECM? I dont wont to fry this one.

Thread dig.
How did you go with this tune? Was it the original tune and did you flash it back in successfully.

limited cv8r
May 10th, 2015, 01:45 AM
no wasn't the original tune, the car had been tuned before. Yes after all the obvious BS and messing around with HSV and wasted time, after all this,yes I was able to reflash the saved tune into the new PCM.