PDA

View Full Version : wrong place to ask for help but maybe some one can help me find what i am looking4

terry735001
November 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM
i am doing a motor / trans swop

i got a TCM and ECM off ebay and used a proxy vin for the OS

he used HPtunes and sent me to file of my OS and i DL the demo VER of HPtunes to help find some more info i need befor i can keep moving
i want to get soon a full copy of efilive but with out a working wiring/ system it well not help at the min

i know asking here may not help in finding out any thing on my tune i have now but that all so why i want efilive as there is 0 tech help on HPtunes website and i hope its not going to be to hard to move my tune over to efilive ... i am just hoping theres a older HP guy in here that knows or moved over from that system

but here are some things i am trying to find out

i am doing a MD GMT560 setup of a 8.1l / allison 1000 2004.5 install .. motor and trans are not from same truck every thing came in parts
the OS is from a gmc topkick v8 2004
VCM ID 11ka0afqu4069 GMT560
VCM OS ID: 12587603
TCM OS ID: 15169836

and need to find out 3 things befor i can start making my wiring harness from the ground up

1 i would like to do a factory returnless system in the tune how do i find out if my OS is setup for
fuel on... or... if it is a PWM fuel setup .... i just want to install a fuel pressure regulator at the tank and have fuel on when it asks for it
i have tryed to look to see if i have flat injector tables but not sure where to look from what i have seen it looks like i do but trying to make sure

2 where can i look to find out if my OS is setup for the newer or older truck style throttle body the GM 8.1l has 2 types at this time i have a older truck type

3 all so trying to find out what NSBU switch? the TCM is looking for ... i would like to install the newer one plug kind
- 2001-2004 Allison NSBU Switch (LB7). Part no. 29540479. Has 2 electrical connectors on the switch.
- 2004-2005 Allison NSBU Switch (LLY). Part no. 29541852. Has 1 electrical connection on the switch.

well the TCM care what one i install and just pin out what the TCM wants to see or is the inside of the NSBU not the same and well not side the info the TCM is looking for

any helping finding this out would help out alot and many thinks to any one that can help

PS i can send proxy vin or and OS file that was flashed to my ECM / TCM

thanks again so much guys

joecar
November 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Open your .hpt file using HPTuners VCM Editor in Demo mode...

go Engine->Fuel->General->Injector Control->Flow Rate vs KPA and see if your IFR table is flat or sloped...

IFR flat = FPR is manifold referenced (i.e. return line).
IFR sloped = FPR is un-referenced (i.e. returnless system).

Your other questions: I don't know the answer.

terry735001
November 19th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Open your .hpt file using HPTuners VCM Editor in Demo mode...

go Engine->Fuel->General->Injector Control->Flow Rate vs KPA and see if your IFR table is flat or sloped...

IFR flat = FPR is manifold referenced (i.e. return line).
IFR sloped = FPR is un-referenced (i.e. returnless system).

Your other questions: I don't know the answer.

thanks for taking the time to post .. you are the first from any where and i think you

0 10 so on up to 80
3.60 3.80 4.18

so i have the sloped returnless system so that helps alot as i have 30 feet of fuel line to run >>>>> its in a Rv<<<<<
i am still thinking of adding a fuel filter / fuel pressure regulator setup down the line next to the motor about 10 feet ..so i well still have a return from the filter
but when i started i was going to make this setup a 2006 so i all ready have a returnless fuel real

this saves me alot and all so i seen some where that flat was the returnless system so i had the wrong info

now just to fond out the last 2 hope i dont have to guess on them

joecar
November 20th, 2013, 04:09 PM
You can have an FPR at the fuel rail with a return line back to the tank (30 feet away), and leave the FPR's reference open to baro (i.e. so it behaves exactly like it is returnless/un-referenced)...

this would give you the best control over rail pressure... but you have to make the return line large diameter so it does not offer resistance when the FPR wants to dump fuel to relieve pressure.

joecar
November 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
F-car and Y-car returnless/un-referenced systems actually have a "return line" by virtue of the FPR dumping directly inside the tank.

terry735001
November 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
i know what FPR is but i am new to this tuning stuff and so when you talk of .. open to baro.. F-car Y car i am some what lost as i am not sure if you are talking about setting in the program or just car/tech talk

and i had a 8.1l 2005 suburban that had the FPR in the tank i wish i could do the same here but i know the PSI in 25 feet or more of line would go up and down to much

joecar
November 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM
Oh, sorry, F-car = Camaro/Firebird and Y-car = Corvette --> looks like your 8.1L Suburban has same setup.

baro = FPR is physically open to barometric pressure (i.e. un-referenced).

With that much line, you will need to have FPR at the rails to avoid pressure doing what you said.