PDA

View Full Version : console message power reduced see dealer

Dennis Cramm
November 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I just did dpf egr ccv delete from custom diesel with the efi ,and cannot remove the console message,also with the 6.7 2008 3500 hd 6 spd the clutch is slipping sometimes even with the 40hp heavytow tune. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated, and if I do put a clutch in it what should it be. I just want a dependable working truck and good fuel mileage.

joecar
November 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Which year/model/vehicle...?

Your post will get more traffic when move it to the right subforum.

Is it LB7 or a LLY...?

Dennis Cramm
November 20th, 2013, 10:32 PM
it is a 2008 3500HD 6 spd dodge dually,how do i put it on the right subform?

joecar
November 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Is it Cummins 5.9L or 6.7L...?

I can move the thread.

Dennis Cramm
November 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Is it Cummins 5.9L or 6.7L...?

I can move the thread.

hi Joe
It is a 6.7 cummins and I ordered a south bend clutch for it last night,my stock clutch finally quite in the drive way

Dennis Cramm
November 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
if the threads needs to be in a different place sure, move it and let me know where I should be viewing it
dennis

cindy@efilive
November 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
What message are you getting?

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
November 22nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
if the threads needs to be in a different place sure, move it and let me know where I should be viewing it
dennisOk, thread moved, it should get more view now.

Dennis Cramm
November 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Cindy its, power reduced, see dealer and exhaust filter full.As I said before it did go into limp mode while I was driving it with dpf and egr off. I was waiting for a smarty to go back to stock because of the boot locker and now I have it stock without the emissions and its tuned with the efi tuner
dennis

TorqueDieselLLC
November 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi Cindy its, power reduced, see dealer and exhaust filter full.As I said before it did go into limp mode while I was driving it with dpf and egr off. I was waiting for a smarty to go back to stock because of the boot locker and now I have it stock without the emissions and its tuned with the efi tuner
dennis

did you do the tuning or did someone else?

Dennis Cramm
November 24th, 2013, 01:37 AM
did you do the tuning or did someone else?

Yes I tuned it

TorqueDieselLLC
November 24th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Yes I tuned it

If you want to attach your tune file I don't care a bit to take a look at it for you.

anarchydiesel
November 24th, 2013, 03:42 AM
The truck is running our tuning, the op did not write the tune himself. I am assuming he thinks you mean did he install the tune himself. We see this from time to time when trucks have been in limp mode prior to installing a tune. In most cases driving the vehicle will get rid of the regen message. The overhead is something we still get on a good number of vehicles, and yes our tunes are built with the latest software with all necessary codes turned off to try and keep the overhead from coming on. OP the only other option is to take the truck and get a clean dealer flash and immediately tune it with our tuner before driving to try and keep the overhead happy. It is doing this because it was tuned while it was in limp mode.

TorqueDieselLLC
November 24th, 2013, 03:59 AM
The truck is running our tuning, the op did not write the tune himself. I am assuming he thinks you mean did he install the tune himself. We see this from time to time when trucks have been in limp mode prior to installing a tune. In most cases driving the vehicle will get rid of the regen message. The overhead is something we still get on a good number of vehicles, and yes our tunes are built with the latest software with all necessary codes turned off to try and keep the overhead from coming on. OP the only other option is to take the truck and get a clean dealer flash and immediately tune it with our tuner before driving to try and keep the overhead happy. It is doing this because it was tuned while it was in limp mode.

I hope you didn't take me wrong. It was sounding like he did the tuning himself and I was simply going to try to help the guy out.

anarchydiesel
November 24th, 2013, 04:07 AM
No, I did not. Just wanted to clear the air so you would know why you could not open a tune if he sent it to you and save you some time. Also just trying to address the coming questions about using the new release, and how it gets rid of the overhead before it was asked.

Dennis Cramm
November 24th, 2013, 08:18 AM

hi guys, yes I thought you meant did I installed the tune myself and I have installed the stockdpf tune now but I'm waiting for a south bend clutch now because the clutch quite.
Its been very frustrating right from the beginning
1 the tuner didn't work because the truck was reflashed before I brought it,
2 after two weeks I received a smarty tuner (thank you cody)to put truck back to stock
while I was waiting for the smarty tuner to arrive I had to drive my truck and that's when it went into limp mode
3 After receiving the smarty and using the efi I installed the full economy tune and it seemed to be to much power so the same night I retuned it to the heavy tow tune, , it then started the clutch slipping,
4 within three days of driving the clutch is toast,I think its the pressure plate that gave up the ghost, When I receive the new clutch I'll put it in myself,
all of this just to get rid of the regen emission system

I don't want to take the truck to a dealer,that defeats the reason of purchasing the efi tuner and egr,dpf delete system,which should of worked from the beginning

anarchydiesel
November 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Taking the truck to the dealer for a clean flash will reset the overhead and get the truck out of thinking it needs to regen. The tuner can then be loaded over the dealer flash and all should be good. Unfortunately your truck had an ecm changed that had the anti-tuning bootloader and could not be tuned out of the box, if not for that it would not have went into limp mode and at worst you would just have the see dealer now message. At any rate though it did go into limp mode and there is really no other option to get the truck to quit thinking it needs to regen other than reinstalling the dpf/doc and letting it complete a regen cycle.

Dennis Cramm
November 24th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Taking the truck to the dealer for a clean flash will reset the overhead and get the truck out of thinking it needs to regen. The tuner can then be loaded over the dealer flash and all should be good. Unfortunately your truck had an ecm changed that had the anti-tuning bootloader and could not be tuned out of the box, if not for that it would not have went into limp mode and at worst you would just have the see dealer now message. At any rate though it did go into limp mode and there is really no other option to get the truck to quit thinking it needs to regen other than reinstalling the dpf/doc and letting it complete a regen cycle.

Hi
So other then the message on the oh console and the chim when you start the truck, is there any other effect from it and will it continue chiming on the console while I,m drivng or if I fwd the message on console to system ok does it stay off?I will think about the dealer option after I put the clutch in it!
Dennis

Dennis Cramm
November 27th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Hi
So other then the message on the oh console and the chim when you start the truck, is there any other effect from it and will it continue chiming on the console while I,m drivng or if I fwd the message on console to system ok does it stay off?I will think about the dealer option after I put the clutch in it!
Dennis

Does anyone have a reply to this please?

anarchydiesel
November 27th, 2013, 03:04 AM
It should only chime one time per trip, the truck should not be in limp mode especially with the power tunes.

Dennis Cramm
December 5th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Yes I tuned it

Hi Guys,
I'm dropping the tranny now and installing the south bend clutch kit ,,with my dpf delete can I disconnect the pressure sensor plug and the module on the passengers side of the frame permanently I thought if I'm dropping the tranny and transfer case wiring why not get that pressure sensors and module wiring out of the way????????
dennis 2008 6.7 cummins 6 spd 4x4

catman3126
December 7th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Yes you can take it off.

Dennis Cramm
December 8th, 2013, 02:34 AM
does that mean I can remove the wiring harness complete right back to the plug at the engine bay, I opened the harness on top of bell housing and the backup light and 4x4 indicator wiring for transfer case is actually separate . So I separated them and pulled the dpf harness complete up into the engine bay so can I now unplug it there?
dennis