PDA

View Full Version : LML Tuning FAQ

GMPX
November 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Q - Someone sent me a stock tune for my truck, how do I know it is the correct one?
A - EFILive has prepared a pdf guide on checking this, it can be found in the V8 Scan And Tune Help menu, called LML Quick Start Guide.pdf. This document can also be found here. (http://content.efilive.com/documents/LML%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.pdf)

Q - When will EFILive offer emission defeat calibrations for the LML?
A - This is a tricky one, outside of the USA it may be quite legal to remove DPF etc, currently we can't control who gets access to what so for now there is no emissions defeat calibrations planned. If you already have the DPF deleted then EFILive is probably not going to be suitable for your truck.

Q - But I want emissions defeat capabilities, I'm going to Email EFILive and ask anyway even though I just read the above.
A - Reaction to the 1,000th time this question has been asked can be seen on this hidden camera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0) that was looking at the EFILive support PC.

Q - How can I get a stock tune for my truck if the ECM can't be read?
A - Google search or 4shared might help you out there as people start to share tunes online.

Q - Is switchable tuning on the fly available for my LML?
A - No, sorry the ECM architecture and security will not support EFILive's DSP operating system.

cokane1
November 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Can any hints or directions be given for how to create a .cax file for the LML so that I can add in the tables for emission deletes??

I've been tuning Duramax and Cummins trucks via EFI LIVE for almost a year now and when I bought my LML truck in July it already had the deletes done and was running off of H&S. Through Kory Willis I ran beta tunes for MCC and then was able to write my own tunes through MCC. I've tested beta tunes for EFI LIVE on my LML through Kory, but would like to start writing my own. I've read up on CAX some, and per Cindy's recommendations, this seems to be the best route to take for a LML tuner in the U.S.

That being said, I understand it can be a difficult task thus, would like some input and help or direction if that is possible...

thanks ahead of time!!

Chris

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 25th, 2013, 01:48 AM
You will need access to the raw hex file, so either buy the third party software or get the raw bins/hex files somehow.
If you are able to get them or if you have them you have to have third party software to open up/map/edit the actual address for each DTC or map you want to add in as a .cax.

You have to figure out the actual table beginning and end address and any offset or multiplier and use that information to make the .cax and if you do everything correctly then you have to repeat that 80 times for each EFI File as they are not all mapped the same.

Plan on spending $10-$12K for the hardware/software to do this and there is a lot of code to try an figure out, good luck it is definitely not an easy task.

Also it has to be in a compatible file format that EFI software can import.

I have been wading thru the hex code since last March and it sucks to try and figure out

GMPX
November 28th, 2013, 01:49 PM
It's not simple Chris, there is no magic directions in the hex files saying "Here is the DTC tabe", just a bunch of 1's and 0's, well, not even that on the Bosch ECM's, the DTC table structures are a real mind bender.
You are in a difficult position if your truck already has a deleted tune because we can't read that out of the ECM as a starter.

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 28th, 2013, 02:07 PM
This is what some of the hex looks like with third party software

dirtygerman
February 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM
This is what some of the hex looks like with third party software

Looks like tuner pro to me. I've used it with Bosch ME7 ECU's in the past

Hutch741
March 22nd, 2018, 07:48 AM
Chris,

Did you get cax figured out? I think some are running scared - scared of the US EPA swamp monster. Others, the x/current auto manufacturer's employees or x/current ECM manufacturer's employees, etc, want to continue charging big bucks for big profits over and over. It cost them next to nothing since they already know what you want to know, and make at least $1,200/hour. Figured this way - charge $200.00 for a tune they already have except to make it compatible with a customer's OS (serial numbered) that takes 10 minutes. So $200/(1/6th of 1 hour) = $1,200/hour. Now who wants to give away any secrets? The auto and ECM manufacturers know this happens. And US EPA representatives visit this and other similar forums. They probably even have these tunes in their trucks. Corruption breeds corruption. Can you hear the silence? Will this get posted? Probably not. It's called self-preservation. Cheers, see you in heaven, or maybe not.

Tommy ashley
November 6th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Would u wanna help someone understand tuning a diesel a lil I would love to learn what I can from u for my own truck thanks