PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner available?

catman3126
November 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Are the Roadrunner Realtime emulation PCM still available for sale? it says in stock on his site but I have heard from a couple people that it is not available anymore?

joecar
November 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Did you talk with Craig Moates...?

catman3126
November 25th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Havent got a response from him yet.

Taz
November 25th, 2013, 02:16 AM
They were still offering the 512 Kb version ... sometimes it takes a few days for Craig / Dave to get back to you ... but they always will (in my experience).

catman3126
November 25th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Just saw the email.

The RR comes in 3 forms presently:
1. RR installed in a 0411 99-02 F/Y/Truck PCM (512k application)
2. Guts kit - 512k
3. Guts kit - 1Mb

"If you want to use the RR in a LB7 ECM, you'll need to purchase a guts kit and then either install it yourself or provide us with a core + order the RR install service additionally.

If you want to use the RR with a 1Mb ECM application, you'll need to purchase a guts kit and then either install it yourself or provide us with a core + order the RR install service additionally."

This was the response. so my other question is if I send in the 1MB PCM I have in the 04 gas vehicle can I use that one for the LB7's also or do I have to have two of them?

Taz
November 25th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Check with Moates ... the 1Mb RoadRunner was discontinued due to inconsistencies in functioning. The 1Mb kit and / or install service is now a use at your own risk option - no guarantee it will perform as required or consistently.

DrX
May 18th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Just saw this. My 1MB RR has been serving as a paper weight after only a few hours of use due to its bizarre behavior. I was finally going to look into having it repaired. Looks like there is no point in that. Scratch RTACS from the list of EFILive capabilities.

GMPX
May 18th, 2014, 04:35 PM
DrX, not sure how to take your message but remember the RoadRunner is just another 3rd party product we integrate with, much like any WBO2 is. If the 1Mb PCM doesn't work then that sits in the hands of Moates to sort out. We won't be removing the RTACS support as it appears it is still fine with the 512K LS1 and LB7 ECM.

DrX
May 19th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Not saying that this is the fault of the developers of EFILive, and I am happy to hear the EFILive will continue support on their end for those with functioning RRs.

It appears that all versions have been discontinued by Moates and that Moates support has been terminated for these products;

"Previously, there were Roadrunner versions available for LB7, 1024k ECMs and 98 ECMs. These have been discontinued. If you are confident that you can make it work for one of these applications, you can buy a “guts kit (https://www.moates.net/roadrunner-diy-guts-kit.html)” and fit it yourself. (Or pay us to install it (https://www.moates.net/roadrunner-install-pcm-conversion-service.html)) Again, these applications have been officially discontinued – we cannot guarantee that it will work. Previously, a Bluetooth option for Roadrunner was available. This has been discontinued – it is no longer available."