PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION AL5 SWAPPERS! What PID are you using for Speed?

beav
December 3rd, 2013, 03:40 AM
Cannot seem to find a reliable PID for wheel speed. Obviously, there is the GM.TOS pid, but how does the TCM know what the speed is for determining speed-based shift points? For logging, I am just goign to create a calculated PID, but it seems that there should already be something there already.

I have tried all PIDs that have units in MPH/KPH and nothing is reliable at all. One PID that I tried, however (don't recall which one at the moment) was showing me a value of 17mph when my speedo say ~30mph. Plus, it was not linear or even proportional to the speedo. Am I missing something in the tune?

beav
December 4th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Would like to say "Bump" but I am already at the top. ;-)

Hearing a lot of crickets lately...

killerbee
December 8th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I don't think there is one for speed. You could probably write your own calc.pid for this using "gear" and one of the rpm values.

beav
December 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I don't think there is one for speed. You could probably write your own calc.pid for this using "gear" and one of the rpm values.

Yeah, I have been trying to get one created based on {GM.TOS}, but it is not working: link (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23513-Trying-to-get-Speed).

cindy@efilive
December 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Would like to say "Bump" but I am already at the top. ;-)

Hearing a lot of crickets lately...

Ross is currently on vacation before heading to PRI this week. Paul is also en-route to PRI, so things are moving a bit slower than usual. Joe and Andrew are doing a great job steering the forum in their absence.

Cheers
Cindy