PDA

View Full Version : LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help

12_Square
December 19th, 2013, 03:29 AM
I'm still in the "learning stage" with EFILive. I've run a few scans, and I'm concerned that when I pull up my tuning software while scrolling through my scans, no matter what my measured MAP actually is, the software is indicating that my PCM is calculating anticipated airflow from the 15kPa column only, in the VE table (and backup VE table). In all of the other charts, the "grey highlighted box" correlates with the scan as would be expected, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the software. Is my car really calculating from 15kPa when manifold pressure is 55kPa, for example? I believe the condition would be very noticeable, but again, I'm new to this. Before I bought the car, previous owner told me it's been "tuned." I don't know what's been altered.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when I run a scan and record the "commanded AFR," it's always 14.63 across the board, and just from looking at my fuel command at open loop I know it should not be "commanding" 14.63 100% of the time. Are these two things related in any way? My wideband meter isn't here yet, so I'm not messing with fuel/air just yet, only observing what I can.

1998 LS1 Trans Am

TunasTwins
December 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
you need to make sure the PIds are all correct in the map. Its not hitting all the cells because you dont have RPM or map set correctly.

minytrker
December 20th, 2013, 04:03 AM
I posted on ls1tech how too fix. Most likely need to right click SAE.MAP and click metric and it should fix it.

joecar
December 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM
+1 what minytrker said...

in scantool, on PIDs tab, on MAP pid, do rightclick->Metric; then restart tunetool.

joecar
December 20th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Avoid logging and using the pid GM.AFR... use the pid GM.EQIVRATIO instead.

And for a BEN pid, use the pid CALC.WO2BEN from the Calc.VET thread

CALC.WO2BEN is defined as {GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}

if you don't have serial comms from your wideband, then replace {EXT.WO2LAM1} with a suitable lambda pid, e.g. {CALC.AFR_LC11}/14.7.

12_Square
December 20th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Changed PID to metric and it works now. That's a relief! I'm still waiting on my wideband to get here. Is it difficult to get the NGK AFX to work? I see more than one PID selection for it. Haven't read up on this part yet. Thanks for all the help!

joecar
December 21st, 2013, 04:29 AM
In regards to wideband, have a read thru post #1 of the Calc.VET thread: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))