PDA

View Full Version : efi live for dummies

glenng
December 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM
is there any easy to follow instructions for basic things available , like how to save your stock tune from the handheld device without having a laptop. everything i find doesnt match the screens i get. expected trhis to be a little easier. all im looking to do is turn off egr , reprogram tiresize/speedo , basic stuff like that. any help would be greatly apreciated.

joecar
December 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM
To copy saved tune from V2 to PC, you need to plug V2 into PC and run V8 EFILive Explorer.

Other things you said: you have to look thru your tune file using V7 tunetool, read the descriptions of the tables that the tunetool displays.

Make sure you read the tunetool user manual pdf.

glenng
December 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
i got to the part of using efi live explorer. i get it to recognize the tune on the v2 , but when i click on save it doesnt do anything , if i right click on the tune it comes up with copy , paste and delete options. the manual goes into great details on changing differnt tables for differnt things , but doesnt tell you how to move the tunes around so you can work on them. the instructions i found are for older revs of the software, if i had started there im sure i would be able to adapt to the latest versions. thanks for your help.

joecar
December 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
EFILive Explorer (EE), follow these steps:
- click on Data Files tab;
- click on Tune folder, then click on Read folder in lower left box;
- click Home button;
- upper pane is your PC, lower pane is your V2... drag the tune file from the lower pane to upper pane (just like you would any other file in Windows OS).

To copy tune file the other direction:

First, from the V7 tunetool, save your .tun files as .ctz

Then copy those .ctz files to your V2:
- start V8 EFILive Explorer (EE),
- goto Data Files tab,
- click Home,
- upper pane (PC): locate the .ctz files,
- lower pane (V2): go into the Tune folder,
- copy/paste/drag the .ctz files from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (V2),
- exit EE.

glenng
December 23rd, 2013, 02:50 AM
thank you