PDA

View Full Version : LML Speed Limiter Removal

robo121
December 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Any update on when the speed limiter will be able to be removed on an LML. Have a customer with a 2013 wanting his gone.

GMPX
December 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
The tables are there to do it now, but, we've been informed that you might get a dead pedal after you lift above whatever the stock limiter is set to. We've been away for a month so not much has happened, but we will look further in to the speed limiter next year.

robo121
December 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I maxed out all the speed limiter tables I could find, no dead pedal but the truck still limits itself at 98mph

modpcm
December 28th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Don't know if that could help, I changed/reduced the maximum speed to 100kph on my truck and that work ok. Change made to B2200,B2501,B2500,B2202. OP Sys 12645750, version 7.5.7 build 246 , 8.2.2 build 238

computerjlt
June 10th, 2014, 10:21 AM
i too tried to remove the limiter and it was a no go on my dyno

GMPX
June 10th, 2014, 10:51 AM
It can be done, I know our beta guys stopped pestering us about it, that is a good sign :laugh:

computerjlt
June 10th, 2014, 10:57 AM
thats good!!

this guy wasn't needing it removed but on a few pulls we did hit a fuel cut at the same speed every time. He just wanted more mpg out of it and a a few more hp. I didnt even have to touch the fuel table (so his DIC would stay somewhat accurate) i just adjusted the tq limits timing and reduced the lambda a touch in the anti-smoke tables.

RADustin
June 19th, 2014, 12:20 PM
thats good!!

this guy wasn't needing it removed but on a few pulls we did hit a fuel cut at the same speed every time. He just wanted more mpg out of it and a a few more hp. I didnt even have to touch the fuel table (so his DIC would stay somewhat accurate) i just adjusted the tq limits timing and reduced the lambda a touch in the anti-smoke tables.

I've seen this mentioned before...

so when the fuel tables are modded the DIC accuracy goes away? is there anything you can do with this?

GMPX
June 19th, 2014, 02:02 PM
If you adjust the injection pulse time table I would think that would mess with the DIC accuracy, otherwise it should still calculate the fuel usage correctly if you are just altering the commanded torque tables.

RADustin
June 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I guess I'll look at it some more. I need to learn tuning theory on these.

What if you alter fuel pressure... Then the tq per pulse width will change...and screw everything up.. No?