PDA

View Full Version : Can't get V7.5 or V8 to Scan

RD in SD
December 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I can't seem to monitor or record real time data on both an 06 and 09 Corvette's with E38 computers. I had V7.5 and could not get it to work even though I could read and write the ecm. So I upgraded to V8 and now have the same issue.

When I tried V7.5 I would hit the monitor button but nothing would happen, it said it was monitoring but nothing was happening. On V8 it is basically doing the same thing but the connect button just says this feature is not available or something like that.

I have used the real time monitoring in the past but it just quit working. Everything else seems to work fine.

darcy
December 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Use v7.5 and hit the red record button, not the yellow monitor button.

RD in SD
December 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Use v7.5 and hit the red record button, not the yellow monitor button.

Yea tried that, does not work. On V8 neither button works.

RD in SD
December 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Update, I tried version 7.5 and after some playing with it for a few minutes it started monitoring, I paused it, but it never came back online. I played with it for two more hours trying everything I could come up with and just gave up. It is connected to the car and all other features of the software seem to work fine. Just no monitoring. Help!

joecar
December 25th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Did you read the scantool user manual pdf...?

Did you download and install the V7 and V8 software from here: Update-Nov-21-2013 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23483-Update-Nov-21-2013)

( after you install V8 you also have to flash the V2 firmware )

joecar
December 25th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Do not use the Monitor button (yellow), use the Record button (red).

RD in SD
December 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I think I read the correct manual but please send me a link.

Yes I downloaded the most current version of V7 and V8 from that location. In fact I even removed the old V7 and reinstalled the new one just in case.

I believe I flashed the firmware correctly, when I check it, the computer tells me it is up to date. Perhaps I did something wrong when flashing.

I used the red record button and it says it is recording but I get no data.

joecar
December 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Post a screenshot showing the PIDs tab.