PDA

View Full Version : New license?

z71havinfun
December 31st, 2013, 02:25 AM
I used autocal to flash my 01 lb7 on Dec. 10th 2013. I was troubleshooting a wiring issue and flashed my truck back to stock on Dec. 20th, no problem. Went to flash back and found the VIN# and SN# were wiped from the ECM. I went through my autocal distributor and tuner and we came to the conclusion that the ECM went bad. I purchased another and they are in the process of flashing my VIN and SN onto it. I was wondering, do i need to purchase another license? I really dont want to as I have SO much $ tied into this thing already and havent even had it a month!!!! PLEASE tell me that EFI will cut me some slack or even better yet that i wont need a new license since it will have same vin/sn on the new ecm?!

minytrker
December 31st, 2013, 04:31 AM
You will need a new license.

z71havinfun
December 31st, 2013, 04:39 AM
greeeeaaaaat i hope they show me some mercy.....

cindy@efilive
December 31st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Your tuner will need to contact sales at EFILive dot com detailing the exact issue that occurred, along with an invoice for the new ECM and screen shots/trace files showing the corruption on the ECM for a replacement to be considered.

FWIW, LB7 ECMs are notorious for corruption even when using factory programming equipment.

Cheers
Cindy