PDA

View Full Version : Tune Clean Up

kylelavergne
January 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
This tune is for a 2008 LMM Duramax. Looking for some tips to make more power out this thing. It's a clean tune. The truck has a mbrp full exhaust with the delete kit. 16295

anarchydiesel
January 4th, 2014, 04:53 AM
I looked at the tune and am not trying to be harsh, but trash it. The truck is going to blow a head gasket or send a rod through the block if you add any fuel with the way the timing is setup(and may now if you run it hard). Search google for a timing calculator and read up on the affects of high timing advance. 31 degrees at 2100 rpms is a recipe for disaster.

kylelavergne
January 4th, 2014, 05:51 AM
I appreciate the honesty anarchydiesel! I'm new to tuning diesels so thats why i asked for the help. Any kind of way you can help me build the tune or give me some pointers?

anarchydiesel
January 4th, 2014, 05:57 AM
If you are used to tuning gas motors then that explains the high timing. Diesel are very, very different. Gas motors are controlled by limiting air, diesels by fuel. If you want more power, add more main injection duration. Do this in small steps and match the timing to the duration and rail pressure using a timing calculator. don't exceed 50% of the injection event before TDC while you are starting out. The second post in this thread http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15659 has a timing calculator that will work well for what you are doing. Remember start with small changes and work your way up. You are also starting on (in my opinion) one of the hardest diesels to tune. There are a lot of little limiters and other tables that will drive you crazy on the lbz/lmm.

kylelavergne
January 4th, 2014, 06:16 AM
Thanks AnarchyDiesel! I will definitely go check it out. Again any help i can get is greatly appreciated!