PDA

View Full Version : Full flashing tcm LLY

maxtuner
January 4th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I really need some help with an 05 lly , I flashed an 01 OS tune into the tcm and realized my high idle feature isn't working and the funny thing is I did a full flash which also changes the os and now to flash the stock tune back in it just tells me full flashing is not supported on AL5 controllers . Anybody with some advice out there ??

THEFERMANATOR
January 4th, 2014, 10:38 AM
The 01 OS will not support the LLY's factory fast idle. You need to run an 02 or newer OS for it(there is one 01 OS that will support I have been told, but never tried it). As for full flashing an AL5, I've done it MANY times. Try restarting your laptop and the software as sometimes it doesn't always recognize the TCM.

maxtuner
January 4th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Ok I'll try a few more things , I've tried removing the info an radio fuses and that didn't make a difference . I don't know maybe uninstalling and reinstalling my software might help?¿ cause I'm stuck with no high idle which I don't really like in -25 weather I also tried to install manual high idle but can't find a detailed write up of how to do it and therefor can't get it to work yet either . Thanks for now and I'll post results later on

maxtuner
January 4th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Just restarted my laptop and tried again but nothing changes , anything else I might be doing wrong ? I did one full flash back when I got the tuner and now just keeps telling me flashing of that controller is not supported

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 4th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Make sure the V2 is plugged into the computers USB port before launching the V7.5 or V8 software

maxtuner
January 4th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Ok how about to the truck ? Hook that one up too or is it just picky about the one to the v2 ?

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 5th, 2014, 12:34 AM
The software will only allow a full flash of a TCM if you have the V2 plugged into the laptop prior to launching the software, you can at any time plug the OBD2 connector into the truck but you must have it plugged into your computer and have Windows recognize it prior to launching the software.

Boost
January 5th, 2014, 02:35 AM
The software will only allow a full flash of a TCM if you have the V2 plugged into the laptop prior to launching the software, you can at any time plug the OBD2 connector into the truck but you must have it plugged into your computer and have Windows recognize it prior to launching the software.

Thanks for the useful info. How about Full-Flashing an A40?

maxtuner
January 5th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Ok thanks for the great info , I haven't got time to try it just yet but I did try to BBF it yesterday and then it would tell me :script file not found . There's most likely an easy fix for that to but since I'm new to efilive tuning there's a lot to learn . Hopefully you guys are ok with all my newbie questions . Thanks again

THEFERMANATOR
January 5th, 2014, 06:49 AM

GEN IV TCM full flashing is not available due to the amount of time it would take to do so. I think they said a read would be upwards of 45 minutes, and flash times would be along the same lines. This is why we get cal flashing only for the 06+ GEN IV TCM's.

maxtuner
January 5th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Ok thanks for the great info , I haven't got time to try it just yet but I did try to BBF it yesterday and then it would tell me :script file not found . There's most likely an easy fix for that to but since I'm new to efilive tuning there's a lot to learn . Hopefully you guys are ok with all my newbie questions . Thanks again

ScarabEpic22
January 5th, 2014, 07:35 AM

This only applies to V7.5, in V8 you can plug your V2 any time with V8 S&T open and do a full flash.

maxtuner
January 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I just tried flashing the tranny now and it seems to not make any difference what I do it won't let me full flash . I've thought about reinstalling my software and try that , and if it still doesn't work I'm up a stump again

maxtuner
January 9th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I just flashed my first dsp 5 tune into the truck since I got the tuner and I could switch tunes fine the first couple times and I changed a few minor tables and cal flashed and it is giving me an error code $331 but I have the E60 pmm. File along with everything else so I'm not sure why it's not switching properly . Has anyone run into this before or am I doing something wrong ? Any help would be appreciated oh and the AL5 full flash is still not working either so I would gladly talk to someone with some tuning expierience :-)

maxtuner
February 5th, 2014, 03:27 PM
I finally got my stock tcm tune back in the truck and the auto high idle works just like it should . Thanks for all the help guys . I found out that I had to use 7.5 to flash the tcm and obviously it has to be the file with the .tun extention and it works everytime :-) thanks again