PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a truck with EFI live with the dsp5 switch, how do i know the settings?

bradym
January 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Just bought a truck with EFI live with the dsp5 switch, how do i know the settings? Clearly the 5th (all the way to the right) is the highest performance. The dealership who installed it does not recall the settings nor does the previous owner. It is a 2007.5 gmc sierra 2500hd 6.6l. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thank You

cindy@efilive
January 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Just bought a truck with EFI live with the dsp5 switch, how do i know the settings? Clearly the 5th (all the way to the right) is the highest performance. The dealership who installed it does not recall the settings nor does the previous owner. It is a 2007.5 gmc sierra 2500hd 6.6l. Any help I would greatly appreciate. Thank You

DSP tune files cannot be read out from the ECM, so the only way you will know what the tunes are is if you are told what they are, or flash something over the top of those tunes where you know the settings.

Given EFILive is custom tuning software, effectively a tool, the combinations of tune possibilities that could be used are endless.

Cheers
Cindy

THEFERMANATOR
January 7th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Yep, I throw people for a loop and make #3 the hot tune. So without finding out from who tuned it or the previous owner, you simply don't know. Yopu could do some datalogs on it and try and reconstruct the tunes off of that, but it still wouldn't tell you for certain.