PDA

View Full Version : Not understanding why I would need Autocal to read my T43 in a 2010 Silverado

JOHNGEAR
January 9th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hello.
I just acquired a 2010 Silverado and do not have an issue reading the E38 but when I try to read the T43 the pop up commands me to update my firmware through the control panel because the Autocal has not been loaded into my device.
Please explain what this is all about or guide me through the process.
I have just updated the most resent downloads there is but have run into a road block here.
Tried to search for the answer but still not clear where my issue lies.
Thanks

darcy
January 10th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Has your AutoCal been programmed with the T43 files?
Use v8 to program all the required files. Ensure T43 is selected under the Tune tab before programming.

joecar
January 10th, 2014, 09:31 AM
+1 what darcy said...

in V8 S&T goto BBx, goto Tune tab, see what ECM's/TCM's are listed.

JOHNGEAR
January 11th, 2014, 04:22 PM
thank you for your assistance but i still cannot read the settings for the t43 when i try to use 7.5 just as i would with my ls1b tune. still telling me flash/scan is not compatible, i do see others where if i open their tune to look, the e38 & t43 are both available to look over. maybe something with windows 8 giving me problems.
i did also follow this thread (Default Setting up a FSV2 from scratch... ) by joecar hoping to program the handheld correctly , any other tips would be great . another note, v8 does not have an issue with auto detect and reads the t43 but there is not any useful info with that read it only explains segment description.
How do i get it to look like the other tunes i can read? thanks

JOHNGEAR
January 11th, 2014, 04:24 PM
wanted to show a pic of what i run into

darcy
January 11th, 2014, 08:57 PM
You can't view the 'contents' of the calibration in v8, but use it to read the controller.

Read the tune out with v8 Scan & Tune (or with the V2 as a handheld), then save the file and open in v7.5 Tune tool to view/edit the calibration.

joecar
January 11th, 2014, 11:09 PM
If it says FlashScan firmware version is not compatible when using V7 tunetool, you need to make sure you're using the V7 that was released with V8.

joecar
January 11th, 2014, 11:12 PM
( the same V8 that you flashed V2 firmware from )

cindy@efilive
January 12th, 2014, 09:27 AM
What hardware do you have? Your title says AutoCal, in which case you cannot use V7 software, and you cannot view/edit/modify tunes. You can only flash, read and log and only with V8 software. All other functions, including what controllers you have access to are only useable by the Tuner who created the files for your AutoCal.

Part way through the thread you start talking about FlashScan, in which case you should have access to all the functions you presently don't. In this instance please list your V7 software version, your V8 software version along with your firmware and bootblock details. Stating you are up to date doesn't allow any of us to validate your statement.

Cheers
Cindy

JOHNGEAR
January 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I will try to provide the missing information required so I (and others reading) can get the best advice you may have to offer with my issue posted. Please understand, playing with this new truck is very different than what I was familiar with using my LS1B (0411) PCM.
I have the V2 FlashScan - Bootblock#2.07.06 Firmware#2.07.52 and when I check for updates I am informed I have the most up to date version.

JOHNGEAR
January 12th, 2014, 09:58 AM
You have made me wonder if my 7.5 was up to date so I just made sure it was updated with V7.5.7.245.
I though that when I check for up dates in the V8 it would do both so I just wanted to be sure.

JOHNGEAR
January 12th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I also just may have been frustrated when I saw the word Autocal and did not understand what was going on so I posted the phase Autocal to have someone experienced correct me where it is needed, thank you everyone.

JOHNGEAR
January 12th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Ha! I think I got it. I open the V8 - look at the quick start(double click the E38 or T43 depending what I want to look/edit)-calibration summary opens-click F5 edit- then because this option is not available yet it provides a link to the V7.5 which I click on and that opens V7.5 and allows me to look/edit the E38 or T43 (depending on the one I chose and double clicked on) to now view.
wow, I just did not understand at that time. It is quite easy though. Please confirm- when I edit the E38 or T43, to load the new parameters, I must flash (or can only flash) one at a time so with that said- if I changed the E38 anywhere and I changed the T43 anywhere I then must re flash twice (one flash for the E38 & one flash for the T43) correct?
Again thank you for your time helpimg me understand and I hope this post will help others as well.

joecar
January 12th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Correct, you can flash only one controller (E38 or T43) at a time.

JOHNGEAR
January 13th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Right on then, thanks for clearing this up I am now ready to play.
I also now understand the difference between Autocal to Flashscan.