PDA

View Full Version : 2000 silverado 6.0 4l80e os 09381344 cal 9379551 MPG help OS help

SESAP
January 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I am in need of some fuel mileage and general help with a 2000 Silverado lq4 6.0 os 09381344 cal 9379551. First off I'm not very Familiar with gas tuning/mods. I mainly use EFI live for small diesel tunes and diagnostics. The truck is a friends so I can play with it anytime. You guys can correct me if I'm wrong, I was wanting to pep up bottom end torque and make more use of the engine when getting up to speed. (I have done this with several Duramaxs and had good luck running them on the turbo) Another thing I was curious about is coasting, not sure if it could be programmed to unlock the converter anytime the throttle is released. The truck is used used as parts runner and doesn't tow/haul anything so I'm not worried about engine breaking.

Another thing I have read about the different or updating the operating system and I'm not sure if the would need to be done to accomplish what I would like to try.

I open to any other suggestions as well.

The Truck: 2500 Stock eng, ecm, tcm, K&N performance kit, Dual ex past original cats, 3:42 rear gear (was 3.73)

Thank You