PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LS2 E38 fan stays on when ignition is on

v8vegaman
January 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Hey there, Just looking to see how to control the fans on the E38 LS2 engine from a 2006 corvette with OS: 12605732. I have tried to go as far as to shut the fan off in the programming with different discrete PWM etc and lowering the fan values to 0 with no avail. Any help would be great.

RW:crash:

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Are you talking electric fans? You will need to patch them with another software, EFILive cannot turn them on with the currently available parameters.

Taz
January 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
Post your tune - I will patch it for you.

v8vegaman
January 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Post your tune - I will patch it for you.

lets see if it posted16323

slows10
January 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
Are you talking electric fans? You will need to patch them with another software, EFILive cannot turn them on with the currently available parameters.

But if you had the other "some would say better" tune tools, as some do,or scab someone elses hex work, you would be able to fool the fools on the forum just as easy as some do here now ,and actually understand what they are talking about.

Taz
January 23rd, 2014, 09:07 PM
But if you had the other "some would say better" tune tools, as some do,or scab someone elses hex work, you would be able to fool the fools on the forum just as easy as some do here now ,and actually understand what they are talking about.

Cryptic, bordering on nonsensical ... you may want to consider not posting on the internet if you have been consuming alcohol.

Taz
January 23rd, 2014, 09:13 PM
v8vegaman ... try the attached tune. The E-Fan PWM% thresholds are as follows:

Fan 2 "ON" = 90.0%
Fan 2 "OFF" = 85.0%
Fan 1 "ON" = 44.0%
Fan 1 "OFF" = 40.0%

ScarabEpic22
January 24th, 2014, 05:57 AM

Yea, not following that. Sure you can use the other suite to do it or do the work and find the addresses in hex, but it's easier if someone (like Taz) assists. Thanks Taz, appreciate you helping out here.

v8vegaman
January 24th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Yea, not following that. Sure you can use the other suite to do it or do the work and find the addresses in hex, but it's easier if someone (like Taz) assists. Thanks Taz, appreciate you helping out here.

I would just have to say that you all are programming Gods in my book. I tried the modified tune and it seems flawless. Thank you TAZ. May I ask if it was something that I could have done with the efi live like re setting the %'s or would I use the other tuning suite to get it done?. Amazing work, and thank you again
RW:banana:

Taz
January 24th, 2014, 03:37 PM
... May I ask if it was something that I could have done with the efi live like re setting the %'s or would I use the other tuning suite to get it done? ...

You are very welcome.

I made all changes using EFILive, with the benefit of a custom *.cax file. You could not have done this on your own. If you open the tune I posted, and click on the "History" tab, then scroll to the bottom, you will see what I changed - you just won't have access to these parameters.