PDA

View Full Version : Do I need my v2 with me to flash a new tune with autocal

picnic_george
January 27th, 2014, 06:16 AM
In order to flash with autocal from what I've read I need to save a file in a .ctz with v8 software.

Do I need to use my v2 to use that or can I save the file from my laptop and use it to flash the PCM no matter where I am? I'm not always in an area I have my v2 with me(nor am I going to travel with it) but that doesn't mean a car doesn't need to be flashed/tuned.

cindy@efilive
January 27th, 2014, 09:53 AM
FlashScan V2 is required to create tunes for an AutoCal device.

FlashScan V2 does not need to be physically near AutoCal to link the devices and create tunes, however the FlashScan device MUST be present to create and save tunes for an AutoCal.

You could not create tune files on the road for an AutoCal without a FlashScan V2 present. You could however pre-write a range of tunes and store them on your AutoCal or laptop for use on the road. AutoCal is limited to storing 5 tunes at any one time, and you can move additional tunes to/from the device provided those tunes were written for that AutoCal.

Cheers
Cindy

picnic_george
January 27th, 2014, 10:35 AM
PM sent

So being linked to my V2 and being saved on my laptop that only uses my V2 isn't enough? I have to have my v2 physically plugged into my laptop in order to create/save/send a .coz or .ctz everytime?

Just covering my bases because I have been told otherwise.
Thanks
Kris

ScarabEpic22
January 27th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Yes, every time you create a new tune/calibration file, you MUST have your V2 plugged in to embed the V2s serial number into it so the AC can flash. Linking the AC and V2 means the AC can flash tunes with that particular V2s serial number.

cindy@efilive
January 27th, 2014, 02:11 PM
PM sent

So being linked to my V2 and being saved on my laptop that only uses my V2 isn't enough? I have to have my v2 physically plugged into my laptop in order to create/save/send a .coz or .ctz everytime?

Just covering my bases because I have been told otherwise.
Thanks
Kris

A FlashScan device must always be present when saving a tune file for use with a remote AutoCal.

A FlashScan device must be present for any changes made to any tune file that is to be used with a remote AutoCal, even if that file has already been saved for use with a remote AutoCal. I.e. if a FlashScan device is not present then the "Save For AutoCal" option will not work. You can only use Save" or "Save As..." a file which means the remote license gets set to "0", which means the file is no longer linked to a remote AutoCal device.

Cheers
Cindy

picnic_george
January 28th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Well that's a kill buzz

cyipher
January 28th, 2014, 03:40 AM
A FlashScan device must always be present when saving a tune file for use with a remote AutoCal.

A FlashScan device must be present for any changes made to any tune file that is to be used with a remote AutoCal, even if that file has already been saved for use with a remote AutoCal. I.e. if a FlashScan device is not present then the "Save For AutoCal" option will not work. You can only use Save" or "Save As..." a file which means the remote license gets set to "0", which means the file is no longer linked to a remote AutoCal device.

Cheers
Cindy

when you save file for remote tuning for v2 BBX is the serial number stored in that tune too? Is it always saved in the tune when you save for remote flashing?

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
when you save file for remote tuning for v2 BBX is the serial number stored in that tune too? Is it always saved in the tune when you save for remote flashing?
No, here is a simplistic approach. For LML consumers DO NOT read their base file (so do not have their controller serial number), and in many other instances consumers start with a file that was not read from their vehicle. The serial number validation is part of the licensing process, not part of the tune creation process.

The licensing process looks for the controller serial # and then completes the licensing step and flash.

In addition to the license to serial # validation process, AutoCal contains additional data, including a REMOTE LICENSE # which restricts the the AutoCal to only receive tunes from a particular source (the Tuner's V2). For tunes to be created for an AutoCal, the Tuner's V2 MUST be connected for the validation to occur.

Cheers
Cindy