PDA

View Full Version : Can't get boost to increase on E92 Caddy CTS Vsport 3.6TT

ChurchAutoTest
January 27th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Playing with the ECU today. Fueling, ignition, everything works fine. But when increasing commanded torque/power, I'm getting nothing more from the turbo. Changed all the limits I could find but nothing changes on boost. I'm aware that since it's a new ECU/engine that we might be missing some tables as yet, but if anyone could provide suggestions/insight I'd appreciate.

Still managed to gain 20 lbs-ft and 15 hp peak, with gains as large as 35 lbs-ft in places, but more boost will really help.

Shawn Church

Boost
January 27th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Send me the tune, I WILL make it boost! Kind of an expert... :angel_innocent:

tune@torquesouth.com

ChurchAutoTest
January 30th, 2014, 04:38 AM
So are you thinking torque model changes? We can take it offline but I don't mind letting people know how to do it. That other guy who does the mail order tunes with his own software (apparently has some big Chinese company backing him) is already advertising 80hp gains and I don't want to let him get out in front on this market.

I'll drop you an email.

joecar
January 30th, 2014, 05:10 AM
( I'm curious too )

Boost
January 30th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Please do. I am curious as well. NO ONE should take monopoly on the market - that would defeat the purpose of EFILive. Since I was in fact able to boost the Cruze and Verano much higher and sooner than anyone else I am hoping to have similar success with this to help you / us out. I don't have any earth shattering genius ideas, just seeing if you overlooked something. If "they" are using hex editing of different software we may be stuck.

ChurchAutoTest
February 27th, 2014, 06:53 AM
As an update on this situation, I can now definitely say we are missing a lot of tables related to the turbocharger/boost control on the E92 definition for EFILive. While I would vastly prefer to use EFILive software (interface quality, ease of use, etc.), if there are no E92 updates in the immediate future I'm going to have to use something from another vendor as I have a number of customers waiting for tunes and I don't want to lose them to competing solutions.

I know you guys have lots of stuff on your plate, so no hard feelings if its not in the cards.

GMPX
February 28th, 2014, 11:07 AM
We have been told the boost strategy is different on the 2014 E92's, not sure how long you can hang out but we will be at least a few weeks of being ready I would say.

Redline Motorsports
April 19th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Any further updates to this topic?

GMPX
April 20th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Sorry, not yet.

Redline Motorsports
April 20th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Sorry, not yet.

thanks Ross