PDA

View Full Version : Lly manual high idle

maxtuner
February 5th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Ok so I'm wanting to install a manual high idle on an lly and can't get it to do anything from what I've read on forums on how other ppl did it so if anyone that's done it or knows how could help me out would be great . As far as I have heard and read all you have to do is give pin 6 on the grey ecm connector power and then set it with the cruise button , is that all or is there more to it ?

WisconsinHick1
February 6th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Are you running a toggle switch or running it too a e-brake wire?

maxtuner
February 6th, 2014, 03:58 AM
So far I haven't run it through a switch but when I get it working I plan on putting it on the brake switch so it only has power in park or neutral

WisconsinHick1
February 6th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Alright so once you have it hooked up to the brake switch you will have to turn on the cruise then hit the cruise set to activate one mode I believe the lower setting or hit the resume setting on the cruise to activate the high setting. I might have to two settings backwards but that is how to activate the high idle settings.

maxtuner
February 6th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Ok but shouldn't it work even if I put the wire straight to the battery? And then with the cruise?

WisconsinHick1
February 6th, 2014, 09:01 AM
That I do not know but I wouldn't try it myself for many reasons.

I do know the high idle switch is also a valet switch as it wont let the truck go about 55mph and 2500rpms if I remember right.

maxtuner
February 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I'm gonna fiddle with it some more tonight when I get off work and I guess we'll see what gives :-) thanks for now and I'll be back with updates later on

maxtuner
March 10th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Sorry for the late post but work and weather didnt allow me to spend time on my truck for a while but I finally got my high idle working but still have a few questions . Has anybody had their truck running different when it's idling high ? Funny thing is with the elevated idle from the factory it runs smith and with the pto high idle it runs rough as if its got an injector misfire or something like that . Hope somebody can explain it to me

THEFERMANATOR
March 10th, 2014, 02:12 AM
With the manual high idle it zeros out the balance rates, I believe with the factory high idle it continues to compensate with the balance rates. That is why you get the rough idle with the manual switch option.

maxtuner
March 10th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Is there anything I can do about it for tuning?