PDA

View Full Version : silverado MAF tune

400ss
February 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM
i want to tune a 6.2L using only the maf, i read that i need to set B8024 to something like 400 and B8025 to 390, then it will be runing using only the maf, but how do i correct the MAF?? i own a innovate lm1 wideband, i have to do a MAF table on the scan tool, wich pids do i need, anda what data on the table.. i been reading but i havent find somthing exclusive for MAF correction, please help,

joecar
February 10th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Correct on disabling VE by setting the MAF/dynamic air threshold to 400 rpm.

You then do either one of these:
- use LTFT to correct MAF in CL, and wideband to correct it in OL;
- disable CL/LTFT/STFT, and use wideband only to correct MAF.

You need the pid CALC.WO2BEN from the calc_pids.txt in the post #1 of the Calc.VET thread: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

The Calc.VET thread does what you require for GenIII LS1A/LS1B... you have a GenIV E38/E67 (since you mentioned B8024/5)(you posted in wrong section).

The Calc.VET thread shows you how to setup the map and which pids to log.

joecar
February 10th, 2014, 09:37 AM
The Calc.VET procedure can be tailored to GenIV by using GenIV specific pids and creating the MAF map to match the GenIV MAF table...

I don't know how the calculated VE can be applied.

400ss
February 10th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you very much, im working on a Gen3 5.3L will correct the VE and MAF, will disable o2 sensors because it does not have those, it is a XJ cheroke owner dont wants o2s. the other one is a 6.2L on a TJ jeep it does has o2s and maf, i want to do a MAF tune because im learning and im on a remote place, there arent any dyno arround or tuners, i think im the only one with efilive on this state, if you can and want to do a remote tune i can pay for it, i just one a good runing car

joecar
February 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
In GenIII/LS1B the MAF dynamic airflow threshold is B0120.

400ss
March 12th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Can you check the pids and my calc_pids please, im using a analog wideband.

I create a MAF MAP using CALC.SELBEN AS DATA
I create a VE MAP using CALC.VET AS DATA

I create a VE MAP using CALC.W02BEN AS DATA INPUT ( will use this MAP when tuning OL MAFLESS)
I create a MAF MAP using CALC.W02BEN AS DATA (Will use this MAP when tuning OL MAF TUNE)

im i ok? or what i should look i really apreciate

And i did another Spark table MAP using KR as data to see in wich area it is knocking????

joecar
March 12th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yes, cac_pids.txt looks correct.

I create a MAF MAP using CALC.SELBEN AS DATA
I create a VE MAP using CALC.VET AS DATA
Yes, correct for doing Calc.VET procedure, with both CL/LTFT and wideband.

I create a VE MAP using CALC.W02BEN AS DATA INPUT ( will use this MAP when tuning OL MAFLESS)
Yes, correct for doing Calc.MAFT procedure with OL (requires wideband).

I create a MAF MAP using CALC.W02BEN AS DATA (Will use this MAP when tuning OL MAF TUNE)
Yes, correct for doing Calc.VET procedure with OL (requires wideband).

joecar
March 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Yes, create a map of KR x RPM x DYNCYLAIR to match the HO spark table...

also create a similar map for EQIVRATIO, and for WO2BEN, to see if you hve sufficient fuel where it knocks.

400ss
March 12th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Yes, create a map of KR x RPM x DYNCYLAIR to match the HO spark table...

also create a similar map for EQIVRATIO, and for WO2BEN, to see if you hve sufficient fuel where it knocks.

thank you very much i really apreciate it..

400ss
March 12th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yes, cac_pids.txt looks correct.

Yes, correct for doing Calc.VET procedure, with both CL/LTFT and wideband.

Yes, correct for doing Calc.MAFT procedure with OL (requires wideband).

Yes, correct for doing Calc.VET procedure with OL (requires wideband).

i didnt noticed i was missing the Wideband input pid, im using the CALC.AFR_PLX1 ( im using this one because it has the same parameters as the AEM wideband im using) i own a LM1 but i dont have the serial cable, i ordered it but havent received it, so for the moment will be using the aem wideband

joecar
March 12th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Also, add CALC.DAT to your pid list.

400ss
March 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Also, add CALC.DAT to your pid list.

whats the function of that pid? or how do i use it? been reading alot this day and i cant find about it, if you can send me to a post containing info about CALC.DAT will be perfect

400ss
March 12th, 2014, 02:41 PM
forget it, i found it, its needed for CALC.VEN

joecar
March 12th, 2014, 05:11 PM
CALC.DAT = dynamic air temperature = the PCM's modeling of intake manifold air temp (gets heated by hot engine).

400ss
March 14th, 2014, 04:53 AM
thank you very much, you always help everyone thank you,, i been reading, now im gonna start using the info on my GTO and on my 08 silverado to practice,

joecar
March 14th, 2014, 06:23 AM
E38/E67 will require different pids.