PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help running lean up top

byrdman11
February 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I've search around not sure what to do. I'm a tune newbie please be nice. I'm running a SD tune. LS3 turbo e38 computer At anything over 14lb of boost the tune is a little lean and get leaner with more boost. 12.2af at 14lb. What can or where do I add to the tune to richen it up. From what I have read the ve tables is one of the places. Please help I listen pretty.

swingtan
February 8th, 2014, 03:56 PM
What's the fuel system set up like? If you are not running a boost referenced fuel regulator, chances are that the boost is restricting the fuel flow as there is no correction for it. If you are, then maybe the injector flow rates are not set correctly to work with the boost levels being run.

In any case, the fuel system and injector flow rates must be set to match each other to ensure correct fueling. The "fix" is going to depend on how everything is set up and at the moment, you have not provided anywhere near enough info for anyone to make an accurate assumption on what may be the fix. Post the tune file and a log of the issue as well as describing what is done to the motor and fuel system.

Simon.

byrdman11
February 8th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I had my truck dyno tuned for 13lb all the injector flow setting are right and my fuel system is controlled by the fuel control module 40lb and 58lb in fuel in richment mode. Run great but day I needed to add a little fuel for more boost and didnt remember the place to do so. any help would be great Thanks ahead of time.

swingtan
February 8th, 2014, 11:29 PM
OK, assuming e very thing is correct (fuel system, injector flow rates, Injector sizes, MAP sensor, etc.)

You'll need to look at B8103 for 14lb of boost, but anything higher and you'll need to look at B8105.

Normal atmospheric pressure is 15PSI (1 BAR), between 0lb and 15 lb of boost is 2 atmospheres or 2 BAR, 15lb to 30lb of boost is 3 bar.

If you are running 14lb of boost or more, then you're very close to the 2BAR limit and may need to look at getting a 3BAR MAP sensor. In any event, your log data should show the MAP levels you are reaching.

Simon.

Boost
February 9th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Please help I listen pretty.

:muahaha:

You are a riot!

Looks like you got the best guy helping you...

byrdman11
February 9th, 2014, 02:01 AM
I have a ZR1 map sensor Do I go to the same places??

swingtan
February 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM
ZR1 sensor seems to go to 44PSI, so providing the MAP sensor calibration is correct (B2101 and B2103), then it should be fine. You still need to work on the correct VVE tables to suit the boost levels you are reaching though.

byrdman11
February 9th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Thank you big time.