PDA

View Full Version : Do I need the PIM to receive data?

Jimass
February 12th, 2014, 06:50 PM
So I've put an LS1 into a Nissan patrol (GQ) using the VX commodore wiring loom and LS1B controller, I'm using the marks adapters wiring loom to replace the original body loom.
Im using Flashscan V2(all up to date) to try and read the tune and remove VATS but im getting the no data received code, is this because I dont have the PIM module? Is there an easy way to get around this or would i have to build a bench harness?
Any idea appreciated.

darcy
February 12th, 2014, 07:26 PM
PIM is only to allow the PCM to talk to the rest of the car (Dash/BCM).
As long as the OBDII connector is wired into the harness correctly, you should be right to go.

Check continuity between pin 2 on the ODBII connector, and pin 58 on the blue PCM connector.

Jimass
February 13th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks for that!
There's no wire coming from pin 2 on the OBDII, that might be a good place to start! I guess this adaption loom isn't as complete as i thought!

Jimass
February 17th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Ive now got continuity between those pins, but im still unable to receive data. Its gotta be something simple, any other ideas? Cheers.

darcy
February 17th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Does the v2 power up when connected to the vehicle only (not connected by Usb)? Perhaps the data wire wasn't the only missing connection on the OBD connector.
What error do you actually get?

joecar
February 18th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Is PCM powered up...?

Jimass
February 18th, 2014, 03:00 PM
V2 powers up when connected - error code $0101.
How can I check if the PCM has power joecar?

joecar
February 18th, 2014, 03:14 PM
PCM has multiple power/ground connections required...

when PCM is powered on (as in ignition key on) it will activate the fuel pump relay for 2 seconds...
you can check this with a DMM/voltmeter or a relay (hear it click on, and then off 2 seconds later).