PDA

View Full Version : I think the ecm is dead

catman3126
February 15th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I'm in the process of doing an LQ4 swap into an 86 K10 and today I got to the point of firing it. Now I had downloaded the tune before I had removed the engine from the doner rig, And I did not shut the VATS off and retune before I cranked the engine, once I had the wires hooked up minus the data port I hooked the batt up and turned the key on to see if the fuel pump worked and the relays were clicking on and yes they did. so knowing that it wont fire without the VATS shut off, I still cranked it a little bit to see what it would do and it really didn't take long to fire and die then I cranked it and fired and died. so when I wired up the 4 wires for the data port to flash the VATS disabled tune in I couldn't communicate with the ecm and efi would not. I tried use v8 to auto detect and it would not detect the ecm and it wouldn't and just showed me a photo of the efi V2 with an x and I also got a Error $0280. the ecm had BATT power, KEYED power and grounds. now when I first turned the key on the fuel pump turned on for the 3 seconds they do and shut off. once I tried to flash it and had no luck I noticed when I turned the key on it wasn't turning the pump on anymore. so my thoughts are the ECM went bad somehow.

Gelf VXR
February 15th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Try disconnect and reconnect the battery

catman3126
February 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
I did that for several hours and still no change.

catman3126
February 16th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Fixed it had a ground unhooked.

joecar
February 17th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Ok, glad you got it going.