PDA

View Full Version : newbee tuning questions

bronson1376
February 18th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, new to efi and trying to learn how to tune. Does anyone have a lbz tune they would possibly share that is safe for a stock tranny and smokes. I would make my own but like I said am new to it and haven't really messed with tables or anything yet. Not looking to steal tunes or anything. Also maybe some pointers at where to start on tunes and where on the tables to modify. thanks

WyoFreeride
February 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Asking for or asking how to write a smoke tune is a no no. Get one of Zach's books or do some surfing on here and the EFI forum. Small changes and lots of logging.

bronson1376
February 18th, 2014, 02:03 PM
No no no, not smoke tune, just one that smokes a little. I'm trying to help out a buddy with a lbz that seems to not smoke at all with any chip he has tried. Just looking for pointers on what to alter to get that bottom end to smoke during spool up. I have already tried altering maf voltage with no success.

KDubya
February 18th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Like WyoFreeride said, Zach at StarLite Diesel sells a "Basics" book and an "Advanced" book on tuning. He also puts on classes at various parts of the country where you can get training from him. The classes and the books are worth the money. Check his website out.

ShaneF.
March 16th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Where do you buy those books?????

Danthaman
March 16th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Star lite Diesel. He has beginning and advance.

tracygto
March 29th, 2014, 04:42 PM
another newbie question WHY does everyone when a smoke tune (what is that??????) is mentioned go crazy and then pretty much tell the poor guy that he is permanently banned if he asks any more questions about the TABOO subject. :nixweiss: