PDA

View Full Version : LMM van DSP5 question

Cyrperformance
February 19th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I am fairly new to the Duramax and EFI Live, I own an express 3500 with the LMM and just purchased an autocal with full tunes and DSP5 switch which I installed everything and the van wouldn't even crank over, no shift indicator, so the tuner had me send him the stock file which he resent a single tune to load in and up and running we went. My question is and Ive search quite a but but most everything out there is from around a year ago, has there been any updates to the Live that support the switch with the van OS? I also saw someone had posted just moving some of the pins in the connector works. All and any help is greatly appreciated as I was so looking forward to having the switch option. Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 19th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Vans are not supported OS for a DSP5, your tuner should have known that

Cyrperformance
February 19th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Vans are not supported OS for a DSP5, your tuner should have known that

Is it within the ECM or the harness wiring due to possibly the transmission difference?

ScarabEpic22
February 19th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Is it within the ECM or the harness wiring due to possibly the transmission difference?

Im not completely sure the technical reason behind it, but EFILive has publicly stated multiple times that Vans will never get DSP5 (or DSP2 I believe) support. Sorry, I would return your switch and AC to your tuner if you were dead set on DSP5.

I believe (take with a grain of salt), that the way EFILive handles DSPx upgrades based on OS # doesnt work because vans share the same OS as trucks but have a different OS structure in the code.

Cyrperformance
February 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Im not completely sure the technical reason behind it, but EFILive has publicly stated multiple times that Vans will never get DSP5 (or DSP2 I believe) support. Sorry, I would return your switch and AC to your tuner if you were dead set on DSP5.

I believe (take with a grain of salt), that the way EFILive handles DSPx upgrades based on OS # doesnt work because vans share the same OS as trucks but have a different OS structure in the code.

Thank you, I will pass this along maybe I can get my hands on a truck and look further into it as I see more and more van owners wanting this as do I.

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 19th, 2014, 08:53 AM
If Ross did not create the DSP5 conversions for this OS you have no chance of making a truck OS or anything else work with DSP5.

There are a few guys around the forums that have vans and have asked Ross for years and years for the DSP5 option and its probably not going to happen.

Pickup truck Cals do not work in Vans and Kodiaks...........many of us have tried over the years.

Sorry but you are out of luck on that one

GMPX
February 19th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I actually did all the programming for the Van DSP5 OS's, but for some reason the ECM's would randomly brick themselves when running the DSP OS, I think we lost three in testing. I had been over the code countless times and never figured out what the cause was, so rather than killing a bunch of customers Van's and 5500's we dropped the option for them. Given it has been like this for many years now we don't tend to get a big call for it either, maybe 2 or 3 direct requests every 6 months.

Cheers,
Ross

Cyrperformance
February 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Okay GMPX I have gone through the ECM plugs and found 10-12 pins that are different between the van and truck, in an open opinion do you think there is a way that the truck computer can work in place of the vans if the wiring is changed? Not looking for you to say which goes where but rather a possibility if it would work. Any help is very appreciated.

GMPX
February 26th, 2014, 01:19 PM
The ECM's themselves are the same, it's the specific programs between the truck and van that changes, unfortunately only GM (or Bosch) would have the intimate knowledge on the differences.