PDA

View Full Version : LML Smoke Tune

Tristanhuerta
February 21st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Looking for an LML smoke tune. I know smoke tunes aren't very popular and I'm gonna receive a ton of trolling for this post, but looking to see if anyone can make me one. Willing to pay good money. Thanks

THEFERMANATOR
February 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
You better get your flame suit on and zipped up TIGHT. Your going to have a tough time finding a smoke tune. And even if you found a tuner who would do it, there is only a few that even have an emissions deleted tune file to work with. And if you made a smoke tune with your emissions equipment on, it would just make an expensive mess.

Tristanhuerta
February 21st, 2014, 09:02 AM
You better get your flame suit on and zipped up TIGHT. Your going to have a tough time finding a smoke tune. And even if you found a tuner who would do it, there is only a few that even have an emissions deleted tune file to work with. And if you made a smoke tune with your emissions equipment on, it would just make an expensive mess.

Yeah I know I've been looking forever. I'm looking for one with emissions deleted. It was hard enough finding efi live deletes, not to mention now finding a smoke tune. But thanks anyway

GMPX
February 21st, 2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah I know I've been looking forever. I'm looking for one with emissions deleted. It was hard enough finding efi live deletes, not to mention now finding a smoke tune. But thanks anyway
Well considering emissions defeat is not even offered in EFILive for the LML you would have had a really hard time. Smoke tunes are what has got us to this point with emissions restrictions.

GoneNomad
February 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Looking for an LML smoke tune. I know smoke tunes aren't very popular and I'm gonna receive a ton of trolling for this post, but looking to see if anyone can make me one. Willing to pay good money. Thanks
Ever considered adding something like the stunt planes have on their exhausts?
Might be easier :rolleyes:

GoneNomad
February 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Ever considered adding something like stunt planes have on their exhausts?
Might be easier :rolleyes:

THEFERMANATOR
February 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Well considering emissions defeat is not even offered in EFILive for the LML you would have had a really hard time. Smoke tunes are what has got us to this point with emissions restrictions.

I know of a few guys that got reads of emission deleted LML's. I want no part of them as it isn't worth it to me to mess with them.

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 21st, 2014, 12:56 PM
I heard that uncoupling the boost tube and a straight pipe exhaust makes for lots of smoke

GMPX
February 21st, 2014, 03:38 PM
I know of a few guys that got reads of emission deleted LML's. I want no part of them as it isn't worth it to me to mess with them.
I know you didn't mean EFILive read the ECM via the OBD-II port, just clearing that up for those reading along.

THEFERMANATOR
February 22nd, 2014, 03:16 AM
I know you didn't mean EFILive read the ECM via the OBD-II port, just clearing that up for those reading along.

No, I just know that a few guys got reads of deleted tune files via some method, and had them converted into a file that could then be flashed via a V2.

GMPX
February 22nd, 2014, 09:19 AM
Well there isn't much we can do about stopping that process.

Wolflly
June 25th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I hate smoke, wish I could leave the dpf on my LMM, but I love power!! And no regens lol.

GMPX
June 26th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Just because there is no DPF doesn't mean you will get smoke, GM and FORD sell new Diesel's over here in Australia without a DPF.
On the flip side of that many tuners in the USA are making great power on the LML with all emissions in place, they just had to think outside the square when it came to tuning.
As for the original poster in this thread, there's why nobody does smoke tunes now, might have been cool 10 years ago, not now.

Wolflly
June 26th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I know this^ my DPF has over 120k on it. It was starting to plug up. I don't feel comfortable running 450+whp with it still in place. One thing about it, it does knock all the diesel exhaust smell out. That's real nice when you have a wife and kids.

gp184
June 26th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I actually miss the totally smokeless, stock, DPF exhaust... I hate when I have to hit the throttle hard and it throws a big puff.... Of course though, I don't miss the stock power though!! :mrgreen:

THEFERMANATOR
June 27th, 2014, 01:19 AM
I actually miss the totally smokeless, stock, DPF exhaust... I hate when I have to hit the throttle hard and it throws a big puff.... Of course though, I don't miss the stock power though!! :mrgreen:

I've done LMM's with deletes, and the only smoke they throw is a slight haze, and then the boiling of the tires. Get your timing, turbo veins, and lambda correct, and the smoke isn't that bad at all.

RADustin
June 30th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Just because there is no DPF doesn't mean you will get smoke, GM and FORD sell new Diesel's over here in Australia without a DPF.

...might have been cool 10 years ago, not now.
are these reads available? more interested in the 'tuning' stuff and not emissions stuff.....

and I agree. I've thought about retaining the cat and DEF and just deleting the DPF.

cindy@efilive
June 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
are these reads available? more interested in the 'tuning' stuff and not emissions stuff.....

and I agree. I've thought about retaining the cat and DEF and just deleting the DPF.

The Australian vehicles Ross referees to are not supported.

Cheers
Cindy