PDA

View Full Version : Benchtop T43 Programming

TBMSport
February 22nd, 2014, 09:13 AM
When I plug in my benchtop harness into my T43 I just get this repetitive clicking. Anyone else ever get this? :online2long::wallbash:

Taz
February 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Are you able to read the T43 ?

They will click / clack / etc., and make a high pitch whine sound.

What type of bench top harness do you have ? Are you also connecting to an E38 / E67 to terminate the CAN Bus pathway of the bench top harness, or are you using a resistor as a stand in for an ECM ?

TBMSport
February 22nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I ended up putting the T43 in a pan of trans fluid, thinking that the constant clicking could be it searching for pressure. Now I get a single 1st click, high pitch whine, then a second click...but no matter what EFILive says TCM is undetected when I attempt to read the program. I am using a resistor stand in for the ECM from EFIConnection.

Maybe there is a procedure I'm not doing correctly. It's odd bc I programmed this T43 a month ago with no problems.

GMPX
February 22nd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Apart from the 120 Ohm resistor across the CAN H and L there is no other special procedure needed to talk to the T43 alone.
I have found that the sounds they make on the bench also changes depending on what program it is running, but that whining is always there.

TBMSport
February 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Apart from the 120 Ohm resistor across the CAN H and L there is no other special procedure needed to talk to the T43 alone.
I have found that the sounds they make on the bench also changes depending on what program it is running, but that whining is always there.

Thank you. I just contacted EFIConnections and I think the problem is I am using one of their older 1.25A power suppliers with the harness and they upgraded to a 2.5A due to the T43's (and presumed other modules) power needs. So that is the problem. Thanks again.

Taz
February 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
I have always used a large 12V boost pack as a power source for bench programming ... guaranteed to meet any power consumption required ... no potential cross-over of ground circuits ... and portable.

TBMSport
February 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Who makes yours Taz?

GMPX
February 22nd, 2014, 04:27 PM
Ah yeah, that T43 pulls some serious power on start-up when it cycles the solenoids.

Taz
February 22nd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Who makes yours Taz?

I made my own bench top interface ... it has fused battery and ignition circuits, and individual switches for each. It also has a voltage meter and "ignition on" idiot light (me being the idiot). It is contained in a small all weather case with a carry handle. It has come in handy more times than I can count - when you need to work in conjunction with other craftsmen on a build, or simply test something where it sits (like a 6L80/90).

I initially purchased several programming harnesses from EFIConnection, but now tend to make these myself as needed.

joecar
February 22nd, 2014, 06:04 PM
I made my own bench top interface ... it has fused battery and ignition circuits, and individual switches for each. It also has a voltage meter and "ignition on" idiot light (me being the idiot). It is contained in a small all weather case with a carry handle. It has come in handy more times than I can count - when you need to work in conjunction with other craftsmen on a build, or simply test something where it sits (like a 6L80/90).

I initially purchased several programming harnesses from EFIConnection, but now tend to make these myself as needed.Sound like it's neat and tidy... I'm thinking of making myself such a box, I think voltmeter is a good idea.