PDA

View Full Version : New to E38 tuning, Need some help getting rid of service TCS, Oil, ABS warning.

bmgjet
February 26th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Hey there.
Have just started to get into E38 tuning and have a bit of trouble with a customers car.
With the stock calibration on it these arnt a problem and oil life can be set back to 100%.

But once I modify it the service traction control, oil, ABS starts to come up on his dash.
From what iv read its related to being mafless. So I re-enabled the maf just to try it out and that didnt help. Also resetting the oil life to 100% does nothing it stays at 0%.

Will I have to go the custom OS route? Iv already spent quite a bit of time on the dyno with the normal OS so are the calibrations interchangeable between them. (Havnt used the custom OS before and the help instructions dont say anything about it)
Thanks.

IJ.
February 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
B9901
B9902

Should sort it.

bmgjet
February 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Doesnt have those settings.
Its in a Z06

IJ.
February 28th, 2014, 02:06 PM
DOH sorry... :(

joecar
February 28th, 2014, 03:48 PM
To see those you would have to have V2 connected to your PC/laptop when you open the file (shows up as a red folder at the bottom of the Engine segment).

bmgjet
February 28th, 2014, 03:51 PM
To see those you would have to have V2 connected to your PC/laptop when you open the file (shows up as a red folder at the bottom of the Engine segment).

Thanks ill try that on monday.

IJ.
February 28th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Just verified it with a Vette tune, thanks Joe! :)

bmgjet
March 2nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Yup those locations were there when controller was plugged into car.
The patches have already been applied tho and made no difference.

Car is still saying.
Service TCS
Service ABS
Service Oil.

GMPX
March 8th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Is there a chance a tune that did not come from this car was flashed in at some point?
Can you please post up the OS numbers of the stock tune vs the tune that causes the problems.

bmgjet
March 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Orignal file
OS# 12612281
REV AF

Basemap
OS# 12612281
REV AF

Iv been in contact with Paul and he has given me a few ideas of other things to try. So will try that this week some time when I get the car back in.

BBtech
June 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM
So what was the final fix on this?
I would like to add it to my folder.
Thanks

bmgjet
June 25th, 2014, 05:22 PM
So what was the final fix on this?
I would like to add it to my folder.
Thanks

Did a full reflash and didnt fix it.
So did a full re flash of stock file then did another full reflash again of the tune which worked and has been fine since.

Did another E38 a few weeks ago which did the same thing and needed to do multipal full flashes before it would work.
Hopefully the latest update that came out will fix that. So will have to see with the next one.