PDA

View Full Version : EGT probe set up

Deere730
February 27th, 2014, 02:20 AM
I have the Flashscan V2, updated to most recent firmware. I'm trying to set up an egt probe. Yes, it is type K.

When I connect the probe to the bottom of the flash scan, it reads a constant 0*C or 32*F via the "Temp1" PID. It actually reads the exact same whether the probe is connected or not, or whether the probe is grounded (in the manifold) or not (as in holding it in my hand). Do I need to do something with the software to get it to record properly?

I've been told it's the same probe that has been successfully used with EFI Live before, but no one can offer any help on set up.

Thanks for any help.

dhs_42
February 27th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Hey, I have a couple running. I just added temp1 & temp2 to the pids & away she went. Have you tried swapping the wires over (I guess you have...).

Deere730
February 27th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Yes, tried swapping the + and -, Tried using temp1 and temp2 PID, and tried plugging into both the temp1 and temp2 input in the flashscan. Just always shows a constant 32*F or 0*C. It's a new sensor, so i wouldn't think it would be bad....

Blacky
February 27th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Try viewing the temp on FlashScan. Press F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 (hidden option), then press Ok, The temperatures are shown on the bottom line in the center as degrees C.

Notice that when no k-type is connected (T1), the value reads 0, when a working k-type is connected the value reads the actual temp (T2), in this case 22C.
When you short the two pins the value reads a constant (usually no-zero) value. On my FlashScan it shows 25C.

Regards
Paul

Deere730
February 28th, 2014, 05:01 AM
I did that and it seemed to be working. Even shorted them and got a constant number. So next I decided to try logging data one more time... just in case.... and the sensor seems to be reading and recording fine now. Not sure what changed or if this was maybe a way to "wake up" my flashscan?? Only difference on my end of things was this time I was hooked to an LB7 Duramax instead of the LBZ duramax I had trouble with all summer - which I wouldn't think would have anything to do with it. I won't be able to hook to the LBZ for at least another month or so.

Thanks for your help. I'll post back if the LBZ doesn't work right.

Flounder270Brian
September 7th, 2022, 04:37 AM
Heh Paul, i did send a sep enquiry bout this - but is it just the two k type sensors you an connect to the V2 on the bottom left? Are you able to add any more snsors to the other ports?

Blacky
September 7th, 2022, 07:50 AM
Heh Paul, i did send a sep enquiry bout this - but is it just the two k type sensors you an connect to the V2 on the bottom left? Are you able to add any more snsors to the other ports?

See reply here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?30891-Adding-Thermocouples-to-V2
Regards
Paul