PDA

View Full Version : v2 box locked up

jdlover1
February 28th, 2014, 03:01 AM
I was updating the boot block and firmware on my v2 box last night. During the reprograming of firmware my computer popped up with message saying efilive controller not responding. Now when you plug in usb cord to computer the green light lights up and then it flashes thru all the lights and then nothing. Screen never comes on whats so ever. Anyone got any ideas on whats wrong with it?

Blacky
March 1st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Sounds like the firmware reflash did not complete correctly.

You need to get the device into dead-poll mode. In dead-poll mode the two orange LEDs flash alternately. To get the device into dead-poll mode, leave it unplugged for a few minutes and then hold down the Ctrl key on FlashScan's keypad while plugging in the USB cable. If that does not cause the two orange LEDs to flash, then try the same thing when connecting to a vehicle instead of the USB. If it works when connecting to a vehicle, then plug in the USB and continue with the instructions below.

Once the device is in dead-poll mode you can reprogram the firmware using the EFILive Control Panel [F6: Firmware] tab page.
To start the EFILive Control Panel software, select Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel. Then click on the FlashScan icon that will appear in the System Tray on the Windows Task Bar near the clock display.

Regards
Paul

jdlover1
March 4th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the help. V2 is back up and running