PDA

View Full Version : Dual WBO2 to V2 over serial??

ThatDudeOrion
February 28th, 2014, 03:42 AM
I'm considering purchasing a Flashscan V2 and one of the features that I really like about it is the advertised ability to connect WBO2 to the V2 over serial. During my research I haven't been able to find out if I can connect 2 WBO2's to the V2 both over serial. I'd like to have 1 for each bank and leave the other external inputs open for 0-5v gauge senders and things like that. I believe the V2 is advertised as having only one serial input, however I swear I've seen users, possibly joecar, talk about having dual WBO2 over serial but I can't find anything about how to do it, or which WBO2 sensors/controllers will work. All the tutorials, which are great, just focus on adding a single WBO2.

Since I am most familiar with the Innovate brand, is it possible, for example, to connect 2 LC-1's to the FSV2 both over serial? or is it necessary to use the dual channel LM-2 controller to have both WBO2 connected over serial?

Are there other WBO2 controllers that could make this work?

A walkthrough of what would be different about connecting 2 vs. 1 would also be appreciated
Thanks.

minytrker
February 28th, 2014, 12:27 PM
You can run dual serial widebands but they have to be connected together. I dont know what all widebands will do this but the new LC2 will allow you to connect them together then plug one plug into the V2. There is only 1 actual serial plug on the V2.

joecar
February 28th, 2014, 02:05 PM
+1

you can daisy chain 2 Innovate widebands...

For example, with the LC-1:

wideband #1:
SERIAL IN <-- terminator plug
SERIAL OUT --> SERIAL IN on wideband #2

wideband #2:
SERIAL IN <-- SERIAL OUT from wideband #1
SERIAL OUT --> null modem cable --> FlashScan V2

to link the two widebands, you use the short serial cable same as what comes with the LC-1 (with 2.5mm stereo style jacks at each end).

joecar
February 28th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I don't remember about the LM-1 dual channel controller... doesn't it have a pair of serial in/out ports...?

bimbleuk
February 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I was considering this with two MTX-L gauges.

Then I'm guessing you edit the calc_pid.txt file with something like the following? Sorry not very good at that bit yet I usually just copy others :)

*CLC-00-110
factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*({EXT.WO2LAM1}+{EXT.WO2LAM2}/2)"

joecar
February 28th, 2014, 07:55 PM
You could do that... or you could use the WO2LAM that is the leaner.

ThatDudeOrion
March 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
Ok thanks for the info. Follow up question, can efilive log both wbo2 individually or am I forced to pick one or the other or an average like the previous poster wrote?

joecar
March 2nd, 2014, 03:17 PM
It logs both.

If you're logging using V2 BBL, then you might want to enable automatic logging of externa digital pids...

V8 S&T -> Devices -> Logging

see post #8 here: BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2)

bplumcrazy
September 26th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Does this work with the AEM widebands....... I tried searching and can't find anything

joecar
September 26th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Does this work with the AEM widebands....... I tried searching and can't find anythingI don't think dual serial connection works with AEM...

( the wideband controller must know about it's sibling (i.e. id 0 or 1) )

bplumcrazy
September 27th, 2014, 01:35 AM
I had that feeling guess I'll do one analog and the other serial and compare the 2

Dirktdolman
December 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM
What about the SM-AFR. I was thinking about buying two.

joecar
December 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
What about the SM-AFR. I was thinking about buying two.Analog: they will work fine.

Serial: I don't know if you can daisy chain them.

Dirktdolman
December 17th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I sent them a message to find out. Will let you know when I hear.

samh_08
April 21st, 2015, 12:04 PM
I was just going to start a thread with the same question. I just received my LM-2 and already have a LC-1 connected serially.

The LM-2 is mainly for other vehicles, but for kicks I wanted to hook it up along with my LC-1 so I could monitor both banks.

Im guessing I need to make a molex ---> RJ11 (Telephone) to connect the LM-2 serially by itself, then a 2.5mm to 2.5mm connector for when I want to run it with the LC-1?

How does one configure the V2 to see both widebands with one input?

joecar
April 21st, 2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Sam,

Innovate widebands know how to serially daisy chain...

remember you need:
- Terminator plug goes into WB1 SERIAL-IN,
- WB1 SERIAL OUT goes WB2 SERIAL IN,
- WB2 SERIAL OUT goes thru null modem bender to FSV2.

See post #3 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch&p=178420&viewfull=1#post178420)

joecar
April 21st, 2015, 03:33 PM
See post #3 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch&p=178420&viewfull=1#post178420)You will see a setting for selecting 2 widebands.

samh_08
April 22nd, 2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks Joe, I just didnt know how the V2 was supposed to see each wideband individually.

Googling 'Null modem bender' doesn't look like the TAQ cable used to look. I cant get a hold of him about buying a cable, is there someone else that sells something or has some instructions for making your own?

joecar
April 22nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
See this thread: serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2 (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)